Tmax review / the benefits of Maxi-scoots

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Tmax review / the benefits of Maxi-scoots

Post by MrGrumpy »

Some people may have patience to sit through 8mins of this video review of the Tmax and the usefulness of Maxi-scoots

http://www.visordown.com/road-tests/yam ... log-review

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Re: Tmax review / the benefits of Maxi-scoots

Post by Bluebottle »

I can't, got to polish all my chrome and find a go-faster rucksack to fetch my groceries in...

Oh, hang on... icon_maxi_scoot.gif

(Still need the rucksack though because they make your bike faster and louder, rucksacks are how you can tell somebody is definitely an off duty pro racer)
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

I like Steve Farrells reviews, he's down to earth, honest and straight to the point.
But of course it's not us that needs preaching to, we're the converted, but I often wonder why manufacturers don't advertise on TV, and why so many car drivers prefer to sit in queues for hour after hour.. :?

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

Got (nearly) stuck in traffic today, first it was a lorry stuck trying to go round a corner - so I edged to the front, did about 8 yards of (legal under Common Law) pavement riding and got through, then on the way back there was heavy queues so I drifted past them all and saved quite a bit of time.

Lost it all faffing at the end of course - no jumping out and shutting the door of a car - but it's good to not get stuck :D

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Globs wrote:Got (nearly) stuck in traffic today, first it was a lorry stuck trying to go round a corner - so I edged to the front, did about 8 yards of (legal under Common Law) pavement riding and got through,
I''m sure any local police wouldn't be interested in common law! I've always presumed that it must be legal to walk your scooter along a pavement (engine off), which I've done before - I remember a bin lorry was completely stationary in a narrow street with no sign of any one working at it or it moving, so I got off and walked around it!

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

It is only legal to do so if the vehicle is immobilized ie: spark plug removed...ask a bobby. I got done for it. in control of a motorized vehicle whilst on the pavement/walk way. £15 fine and £7 costs, no points in those days. That was just pushing along the path, bobby said if the plug was out no problem... Was 40 years ago. Chester Police had a crack down on any thing with an engine until they found no spare parts available for the broken down Mk111 Ford Zephyrs as they had also done the local ford driver and his boss man :lol: Rover still supplied them but they only had 2 or 3 Rovers...

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

kayz1 wrote:It is only legal to do so if the vehicle is immobilized ie: spark plug removed...ask a bobby. I got done for it. in control of a motorized vehicle whilst on the pavement/walk way. £15 fine and £7 costs, no points in those days. That was just pushing along the path, bobby said if the plug was out no problem...
I wonder if that would also apply to an oil filter fall off and losing your oil all over the road? That happened on my Nexus 500 thanks to a bad service job from a bike shop and I had to push it 2 miles home on the pavement. :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Funkycowie wrote:
kayz1 wrote:It is only legal to do so if the vehicle is immobilized ie: spark plug removed...ask a bobby. I got done for it. in control of a motorized vehicle whilst on the pavement/walk way. £15 fine and £7 costs, no points in those days. That was just pushing along the path, bobby said if the plug was out no problem...
I wonder if that would also apply to an oil filter fall off and losing your oil all over the road? That happened on my Nexus 500 thanks to a bad service job from a bike shop and I had to push it 2 miles home on the pavement. :lol:
Remember to remove the key from the ignition switch if you're pushing it without wearing your crash hat, an officious copper could 'do you' for riding without a helmet, been there had that, £2 fine no costs
Have wheels, will travel :D

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

The Bern wrote: Remember to remove the key from the ignition switch if you're pushing it without wearing your crash hat, an officious copper could 'do you' for riding without a helmet, been there had that, £2 fine no costs
You can't believe the pettiness the Police will sink to! BUT what about a smartkey system like the Tmax? No key to remove! I guess one would have to turn the system off, though the subtleties of this might be beyond the average policeman.....

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Wasn't there a video of some bloke riding along the pavement on his scooter to get around a traffic jam a while back? Someone posted the video, the police saw him doing it and never took any action. I guess it depends what mood they're in. :?