Tmax review / the benefits of Maxi-scoots

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Re: Tmax review / the benefits of Maxi-scoots

Post by Ferret »

If it ever has terminal failure in the engine department,I will graft in a vtr1000 lump or even a sportster motor at buell spec

Ferret
Benefactor

Post by Ferret »

If it ever has terminal failure in the engine department,I will graft in a vtr1000 lump or even a sportster motor at buell spec

caecilius
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Post by caecilius »

The Missenden Flyer's recent review is more watchable and informative

abitmad

Post by abitmad »

That TMF vid was already linked in this thread last week, followed by some discussion here about it if you look back. As I said at the time I like his reviews in general but he did make a major mistake with this one by stating that it has a Honda DCT type auto gearbox rather than CVT. But an entertaining and useful vid nonetheless.

The other review I linked is also worth watching I'd say, despite being quite negative, and at least the guy understands the transmission correctly. As a TMax owner myself, I don't get annoyed by a negative view provided it's fairly held, as I think this is, and not just criticising for the sake of it to attract attention.

I don't see this as some sort of competition between the two vids, rather that both are well worth watching for anyone interested in the TMax.

Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

Post by Pukmeister »

Rode up to the Cotswolds today on my R1, I could hardly move by the time I got there my hips were killing me. I rode back two hours later on my latest purchase, a Tmax 500. Total comfort, easy to ride, great handling and underseat storage. Filtering through rush hour for a few miles on A34 was a doddle. Not slow and £13 to fill the tank with Shell V Power.

What an awesome machine.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Pukmeister wrote:Rode up to the Cotswolds today on my R1, I could hardly move by the time I got there my hips were killing me. I rode back two hours later on my latest purchase, a Tmax 500. Total comfort, easy to ride, great handling and underseat storage. Filtering through rush hour for a few miles on A34 was a doddle. Not slow and £13 to fill the tank with Shell V Power.

What an awesome machine.
Glad you are appreciating the benefits of a Tmax, but why waste money on pricey fuels? I just stick standard unleaded in all my vehicles. Or is there a secret good reason why other fuels are better??

Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Post by Z750Jay »

Agree with that. Normally run bog standard unleaded in my bikes - I have tried the more expensive 'Power' ones but not really noticed any difference and I ride my Burg like it should be an R1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ferret
Benefactor

Post by Ferret »

Years ago you could notice a differance between standard and say super plus unleaded but because machines are now designed for optimum performance on standard and lower quality fuels it's hard to justify unless you have a tuned race machine .

Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

Post by Pukmeister »

The main reason for posh fuel was to flush the fuel system with a quality fuel with additives. I also dosed the fuel tank with a shot of techron. The bike pulls smoothly enough but I dont know how previous owners have treated it or what build ups there might be, so a fuel system clean up seemed like a good start.

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Glad you're enjoying your awesome TMax, whatever fuel you're using. :D