250cc Scooter ??

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: 250cc Scooter ??

Post by MrGrumpy »

horobags wrote:wish I was a hondaphobic, I'd be a rich man! :lol:
Hmmm ditto if I was Yamaphobic!

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

250cc scooter, you say? Honda Helix.

/thread

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Graham G at 29 inch inside leg you really need to sit on a X Max. I'm 31 inside leg and literally on tip toes at stand still. However I now no longer feel uncomfortable on tip toes as the scooter is very well balanced.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Mister Paul
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by Mister Paul »

MrGrumpy wrote:
XMax400Paul wrote:Would live a Vespa in summer that turned in to a SH in winter...
Maybe the other way round? I recall riding the SH as being as windblown as being on a small dinghy in a big storm!
I don't find the SH300 blowy in the slightest. Well, it is not it has a Termoscud on, but bare it's fine.

Now the 300 Forza -I once pulled onto the hard shoulder on mine because it was gusting me all over the motorway.

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

Mister Paul wrote:
MrGrumpy wrote:
XMax400Paul wrote:Would live a Vespa in summer that turned in to a SH in winter...
Maybe the other way round? I recall riding the SH as being as windblown as being on a small dinghy in a big storm!
I don't find the SH300 blowy in the slightest. Well, it is not it has a Termoscud on, but bare it's fine.

Now the 300 Forza -I once pulled onto the hard shoulder on mine because it was gusting me all over the motorway.
If you want a totally wind proof scooter then the SYM 300 Voyager does it. Of course it leans, but it leans naturally on it's own into the wind as required so a strong gust never pushes you off line, the bike merely swings underneath you and tracks dead straight, never being pushed around.

I still remember a trip down the west coast of France with a strong wind from the Atlantic, the scooter adopted a set angle against the wind but never deviated from the course I'd set.

I think it's a quirk of aerodynamics with the front wheel/mudguard, but a very useful one.

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

When I had my old sh 300i,way back in 2009,it some times cut out whislt coming to a stop,and they seem to all do it.[sh 125 has never done it and that is all 4].
Don't no why..?????????????
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

richie the 1st wrote:When I had my old sh 300i,way back in 2009,it some times cut out whislt coming to a stop,and they seem to all do it.[sh 125 has never done it and that is all 4].
Don't no why..?????????????
It was a recall issue only effected some units?? Mine did it twice traveling at speed then coming to a "quick" stop on M25.

Not bad in 18000 miles annual commuting

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

On my 4 sh 125,s total milege of all 4,is over 80,000 miles,none of them have ever cut-out.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.