Scooter for a big bloke

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MattColchester

Re: Scooter for a big bloke

Post by MattColchester »

XMax400Paul wrote:Nice post matt...
Congrats... Sounds like you earnt it...
Have a serious word about the state of the bike... Might get a discount on the next part...
Onwards!
Thanks Paul,I think it was just one of those things. I was just happy I passed! :D
Bluebottle wrote:well done
Cheers Blues :D
Globs wrote:Congrats on the pass!!
Thanks Globby :D
kayz1 wrote:Congrats Matt, weldone carry on on-wards and upward..
Lyn.
Thanks Lyn :D

Hope you all had a good Christmas. So another update..I’ve had a rather eventful week or so..before I lose track of it all, just wanted to record it for my reference not that I will forget it in a hurry.

I had tentatively booked another days training and Mod 2 test between Christmas and New Years but my wife and I were expecting our first child on New Years Day. On Monday 18th, we were rushed into hospital as she was very unwell. Cut a long story short, we spent almost a week in hospital but our little boy was born on 20th :D They are both much better thankfully but as you can imagine, it was a stressful time and filled with not a lot of sleep as the boy was unwell for a time. In this time, I thought about cancelling the test as my mind wasn’t on it but my wife (bless her) told me to do it and get it done as they were doing better day by day. We came home Christmas Eve with the boy for the first time and after after squeezing in a half day training on 27th, today I went out in truly atrocious conditions to Ipswich and passed my Mod 2 icon_thumbs_up.gif with only 2 minors (one for following distance and one for leaving my signal on too long after a roundabout). The most important thing is I passed.

Thank you all for your replies and messages - cheers to Scooty for the kind offer to help with viewing and Steve H80 for suggesting training for the full licence in the winter to get it out of the way. I’m so pleased that obviously my wife and child are healthy and doing well now and that I was able to get the Mod2 out of the way. Provided I ride responsibly, no one can ever take the full bike licence away from me which is where I wanted to be. I just need to save up for a bike now and I’m sure I may see some of you Essex chaps out on the road.

All the best.
Matt

Davefirestorm
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by Davefirestorm »

You’ll get there eventually mate,good luck.Old gits like me didn’t have to worry about all this training malarkey lol I never had any training on a bike and I never had any car driving lessons at all and I passed both tests first time.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

The best news is about the wife and little fella...Congrats on the test as well...
Things are on the up..
Lyn.

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Congratulations to you and your wife...
What Smashing Christmas Pressies...
Ride safe and treat the new mum...

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Matt
Glad to hear wife & son are home and on the mend.
The test result well these things come to those who deserve it, well done.

Offer still stands for " bike hunting" and if you ever fancy a ride out let me know

PM sent

steve_h80
Current Ride: silverwing 600

Post by steve_h80 »

Glad to hear the missus and wee one are home and ok. Something like that puts everything else into perspective.
Passing the test is kinda cool too. Just be extra, extra careful out there, you've now got responsibilities :-)

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Congrats Matt! I too hail from the same town as you. Sounds like you and your wife and child are doing ok! Great news.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

MattColchester

Post by MattColchester »

Davefirestorm wrote:You’ll get there eventually mate,good luck.Old gits like me didn’t have to worry about all this training malarkey lol I never had any training on a bike and I never had any car driving lessons at all and I passed both tests first time.
Thanks Dave. Glad I’ve got all 3 tests (theory/Mod 1/2) out of the way, I can see the Govt making it harder and harder to get out on the road so wanted to tick it off the list.
kayz1 wrote:The best news is about the wife and little fella...Congrats on the test as well...
Things are on the up..
Lyn.
Thanks Lyn, everything else does pale into insignificance when you’re faced with your loved ones being ill.
XMax400Paul wrote:Congratulations to you and your wife...
What Smashing Christmas Pressies...
Ride safe and treat the new mum...
Cheers Paul. We very nearly spent Christmas in the hospital but grateful we could get home in the end. Can’t fault the care we received at all. The midwifes and doctors do an amazing job.
Scootypuff snr wrote:Matt
Glad to hear wife & son are home and on the mend.
The test result well these things come to those who deserve it, well done.

Offer still stands for " bike hunting" and if you ever fancy a ride out let me know

PM sent
Thanks again Scooty, I’m still keeping an eye out for Burgmans, really need to test ride one at some point.
steve_h80 wrote:Glad to hear the missus and wee one are home and ok. Something like that puts everything else into perspective.
Passing the test is kinda cool too. Just be extra, extra careful out there, you've now got responsibilities :-)
Thanks Steve. I still haven’t told the rest of my family other than my wife about even the CBT let alone getting full bike licence. At the moment, I can only imagine the reaction I would get. I can’t say it hasn’t played on my mind a little as to whether it’s slightly irresponsible of me to be starting all this whilst a father to a newborn but then I think you can’t stop living your life can you.
Data wrote:Congrats Matt! I too hail from the same town as you. Sounds like you and your wife and child are doing ok! Great news.
Thanks Data, might see you around then.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Yep...just look for the silver Vespa GTS300 blasting through the traffic! PM me if there's anything you think I can help you with. ;)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Davefirestorm
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by Davefirestorm »

Must say I am all for the stringent test nowadays for two wheels.But what about the brainless fuckwits in cars,sooner some legislation brought in to stop incompetent drivers just passing a fairly easy test and being let loose in powerful (ish) cars.