WEATHER LOOKS NICE IN NORTHERN FRANCE THIS WEEKEND

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Dogslow61

Re: WEATHER LOOKS NICE IN NORTHERN FRANCE THIS WEEKEND

Post by Dogslow61 »

I know Robin Heaton, who lives in the the north east of England a long time FJR member he is now riding a Yamaha 900 tracer..Small world ey.

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

Dogslow61 wrote:
Steve_D wrote:For the last 6 years I’ve done a trip to south of France/Italy with friends on my FJR. Got a bit fed up with it this year so sold the FJR. I’m only 75 miles from the Chunnel and doing a short trip to northern France on my SH300 is one thing I’m going to have to do. Have a safe trip and dont forget the write up and pictures. If you get a chance, a visit to this WW2 rocket site is worth a stop - you’ll be going quite near to it. http://www.lacoupole-france.co.uk
Hiya Steve
were you in the FJR Club run by Phill Hacker.I used to a the old FJ1200 and did a few of the ride outs.I might just pop in and have a look at the Rocket site.I have just used the motogoloco website to plan a route to download onto my garmin its in gpx format.Keeping off the motorway
I did used to go on the FJR owners forum and one other FJR forum but I think it was mainly USA members on there. Never met any in the flesh, so to speak.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

Dogslow61

Post by Dogslow61 »

the weather was good the xmax was fantastic here are a few pictures

https://dogslow.smugmug.com/Other/Yamah ... 2qpSQfd/A/

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

Avoid F1 hotels as they are terrible, go for a nice B&B hotel instead.
You'll thank me later.

http://www.hotel-bb.com/en/hotels/hotels-en-europe.htm

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Dogslow61.

Did you do the Canadian cemetery it's Canadian students who volunteer to work there & they're great to talk to with pride in history/country (a rare trait)

Glad you enjoyed it. If you go again and fancy company don't forget to post

Dogslow61

Post by Dogslow61 »

Scootypuff snr.I did go to the Canadian memorial at Vimy thank you.The young lady volunteer that I spoke to came from Chilliwack BC Canada .Seperatley we had both visited the same cafe in Chilliwack and had apple pie and cream and agreed the pie was fantastic.When I go to that area in France again I will post the date and time

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Dogslow61 wrote:Scootypuff snr.I did go to the Canadian memorial.When I go to that area in France again I will post the date and time
Apologies I meant memorial not cemetery. The trenches tour was interesting I'm sure a good English batsman could've knocked a few hand grenades for 6

Dogslow61

Post by Dogslow61 »

Globs wrote:Avoid F1 hotels as they are terrible, go for a nice B&B hotel instead.
You'll thank me later.

http://www.hotel-bb.com/en/hotels/hotels-en-europe.htm
Hiya Globs,
I just checked out your recommendation at Arras it looks nice it is also within walking distance to some big supermarkets petrol filling stations etc shops restaurants etc with Rooms from 51.30€ per night .I have used the F1 Arras est on a number of occasions and found for the price it is more than acceptable for me I paid approx 50 euro for the two nights. Basically all i need is a nice bed .I may give your suggestion a whirl the next time.Like I say I find the F1 arras est to be clean comfortable the staff helpful.Maybe if My wife was with me I would push the boat out a bit.On my own tho deffo a cheap date ha ha.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

I think Campinale are the poor cousin nowadays. I used one a couple of years back and the adjacent restaurant had a stream of ants travelling back & forth from the salad bar