WEATHER LOOKS NICE IN NORTHERN FRANCE THIS WEEKEND

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Dogslow61

WEATHER LOOKS NICE IN NORTHERN FRANCE THIS WEEKEND

Post by Dogslow61 »

Hello,
Just booked up a mini weekend in Arras northern France 69 miles from Calais.Going on the Yamaha Xmax 300 omg first trip abroad on a scooter what am I doing.Seriously looking forward to it.P and O ferry £36 return Hotel F1 two nights £50 odd quid .The weather forecast looks ...kin gorgeous.I will have to make sure I get as many bottles of wine under the seat to come home with.I will post pictures and do a travelogue thingy when I gat back. From Wor Hoos its 407 miles to Arras so round trip 814 plus a little tour around when there.Watch this space

maxsymiser
Current Ride: Honda X-ADV750

Re: WEATHER LOOKS NICE IN NORTHERN FRANCE THIS WEEKEND

Post by maxsymiser »

You should catch this heatwave the forecaster,s are on about, have a good one

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

Excellent. Have fun
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

maxsymiser wrote:You should catch this heatwave the forecaster,s are on about, have a good one
Annoying isn't it....it was cold last week so I put muffs on both scoots, and its already warm, and is going to get hot at the weekend!!!

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

For the last 6 years I’ve done a trip to south of France/Italy with friends on my FJR. Got a bit fed up with it this year so sold the FJR. I’m only 75 miles from the Chunnel and doing a short trip to northern France on my SH300 is one thing I’m going to have to do. Have a safe trip and dont forget the write up and pictures. If you get a chance, a visit to this WW2 rocket site is worth a stop - you’ll be going quite near to it. http://www.lacoupole-france.co.uk
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Dogslow
In good weather Northern France is amazing. Avoid the peagé take back roads and as Steve states the battlefields & cemeteries are a worthwhile historic visit & insight (if you like that sort of thing)

McDonald's crap food but free internet so always worth stopping at. Super U supermarket worth a visit and though the exchange rate kicked in the bollox at present lidl do some nice cheap vinos (cheaper than here)

If you buy wine in a box take it out the box more fits under the seat/top box

Supermarket petrol loads cheaper than peagé forecourts

Respect the speed limit in villages & enjoy motorists go out of their way to let you pass them

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

Good tip about wine boxes, I'm leaving France tomorrow night to come home (by car).

If you spot a LeClerc supermarket I highly recommend the Roche Mazet Cabernet Sauvignon (3 litres), which is 30% off this week so circa €6 - absolutely beautiful!!

You might want to check how to switch your speedo from mph to kph, assuming it's LCD not analogue.

Speed limit in towns is 50kph, often not separately signed as it's integrated into the town name sign, so if it has a red border around it then it's 50.

Have a great time.
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Well the extended forecast for Scotland is rain rain and more bloody rain - otherwise enjoy the projected heatwave in France

Dogslow61

Post by Dogslow61 »

Steve_D wrote:For the last 6 years I’ve done a trip to south of France/Italy with friends on my FJR. Got a bit fed up with it this year so sold the FJR. I’m only 75 miles from the Chunnel and doing a short trip to northern France on my SH300 is one thing I’m going to have to do. Have a safe trip and dont forget the write up and pictures. If you get a chance, a visit to this WW2 rocket site is worth a stop - you’ll be going quite near to it. http://www.lacoupole-france.co.uk
Hiya Steve
were you in the FJR Club run by Phill Hacker.I used to a the old FJ1200 and did a few of the ride outs.I might just pop in and have a look at the Rocket site.I have just used the motogoloco website to plan a route to download onto my garmin its in gpx format.Keeping off the motorway

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

Dogslow61 wrote:
Steve_D wrote:For the last 6 years I’ve done a trip to south of France/Italy with friends on my FJR. Got a bit fed up with it this year so sold the FJR. I’m only 75 miles from the Chunnel and doing a short trip to northern France on my SH300 is one thing I’m going to have to do. Have a safe trip and dont forget the write up and pictures. If you get a chance, a visit to this WW2 rocket site is worth a stop - you’ll be going quite near to it. http://www.lacoupole-france.co.uk
Hiya Steve
were you in the FJR Club run by Phill Hacker.I used to a the old FJ1200 and did a few of the ride outs.I might just pop in and have a look at the Rocket site.I have just used the motogoloco website to plan a route to download onto my garmin its in gpx format.Keeping off the motorway
I was the first member to join Phils FJ Owners club back in 1991 although Paul (Pope) Barber always thought he joined first. Fantastic club and I have fond memories of several French trips with the club as well as many club outings in the UK.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!