Screen for SH 300 (2016 >)

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
mkc2bad

Screen for SH 300 (2016 >)

Post by mkc2bad »

Hi all

I'm the owner of a newer shape sh300. As i'll be commuting year round, a screen is a must for me.

I see a lot of owners have fitted the givi airflow (adjustable) screen. I couldn't see this anywhere as available for the newer sh300's. Does anyone have any info on this?

The OEM honda screen is a little tall - I know this can be cut down, but it's around £115. There are various screens on ebay coming from Italy, and I've seen a few others that appear to fix to where the mirrors are mounted. I'm not sure how secure this is on a windy day - does anyone have one fitted like this and can advise otherwise?

Cheers
Mike

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: Screen for SH 300 (2016 >)

Post by horobags »

Ive fitted a puig on mine, they do 2 sizes, ordered from hunts manchester( honda dealers), cheaper than on the net , works a treat.
http://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/forum/vie ... =6&t=20813
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

mkc2bad

Post by mkc2bad »

I emailed hunts - apparently you can't fit any aftermarket screen without the fitting kit (which only comes with the OEM screen and isn't available separately @ £115) ?!

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

thats wrong, the puig comes with the fitting kit and attaches to the mirror stems., if you call back, ask for Neil in parts he sorted mine out( Mark H).
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Mister Paul
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by Mister Paul »

The Honda and Givi screens fit to the Honda brackets, which are only available with the Honda screen (and perspex hand guards).

mkc2bad

Post by mkc2bad »

Cheers guys. I went and ordered the OEM honda screen. I think I prefer the sterdier looking fixing of the honda kit rather than attaching to the wing mirror mounts.

Thanks
Mike

Mister Paul
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by Mister Paul »

I've just re-read your opening post. I contacted Givi when I got my SH as neither the airflow screen nor the top box mount was showing as compatible with the latest model. They replied saying that they hadn't got around to checking the items' fit to the scoot and so couldn't approve them.

I bought the top box mount anyway, and it fitted fine with a longer bolt used.

The airflow screen is effective by all accounts, but looked too complicated and unwieldy for me.