Stolen new DX TMax

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Stolen new DX TMax

Post by MrGrumpy »

abitmad wrote:
MrGrumpy wrote:Its depressing - all this new technology on the new Tmax that frankly gets in the way, and its still no more secure than the mk1 I've just acquired which doesn't even have an immobiliser!!
I'm sure it is far more secure than your Mk 1. For example the stand lock is something new I believe. And additionally the electronics do make it much harder to steal for the non-van opportunist type of thief.
Yes, the stand lock is very handy - but whilst it maybe deter the most amateur and poorly equipped thieves, it did nothing to protect the scoot in this instance. There again, its always been this way - no matter what locks and anti-theft devices you've got, if an organised thief really wants it, they can nick it.

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

No matter what electronic devices they put on vehicles the thieves will find a way around them. After all it's their "living".
There's nothing to beat a big lock and chain, around something secure like a lampost or railing.

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

2wheelover51 wrote:No matter what electronic devices they put on vehicles the thieves will find a way around them. After all it's their "living".
There's nothing to beat a big lock and chain, around something secure like a lampost or railing.
The Vespa has a super secure system all locked in and coded to the ECU.
So the thieves just pop in their own ECU as required instead, bye bye Vespa.

As the end of the day the country has been brought to a state where things that would not have been considered a few years ago get stolen just like that. Remember the Westminster Parking Meter story? They worked fine for decades until the Albanians arrived to find the foolish English kept money out on the street on the top of sticks, literally a gift that kept on giving. They literally couldn't believe their luck, something generations of brits had walked past for years...

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Same thing happened to a another bloke with a new TMax near where I live, stolen from the station car park. The guy spent £12k, tracker, heated gubbins, alarm, everything, and it still went.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Some body needs to import those Skunk locks from America that will stop the bastards for a few weeks..

andyscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: gilera runner vxr200

Post by andyscooter »

I know of three people

two of them in London that have been bike jacked this week the other was Bristol

so its not just when parked its a problem

one of the London ones took a beating trying to protect his bike (brand new Yamaha mt07) as he has already had two Suzuki gsxrs stolen from him

we need to stop the scum rather then try to protect the bikes

even if caught they get a small fine the punishment needs to scare them into thinking twice
mind you we would need police on streets catching them rather then sitting behind a camera to do that
i was an atheist until i realised i am god
Remember its a speed limit not a target

gilera runner vxr200 (chavped)

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

I think we should have coded hand grips like Wesley snipes had on his sword in Blade , the fuckers won't do it again .

SkuTorr
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax Mk3

Post by SkuTorr »

No one even KNOWS what a Tmax is here. I could park it with the KEYS in it and it would still be there later... :shock:
2009 Tmax with OODLES of upgrades!
2009 Majesty 400 (sold)
2007 Aprilia Mojito 150 (sold)

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Ferret wrote:I think we should have coded hand grips like Wesley snipes had on his sword in Blade , the fuckers won't do it again .
Over a beer we discussed a telescopic steel spike under the seat that activated once out of sensor range.
Couldn't guarantee a way of not getting an accidental activation though.

A work colleague used to have a Varedero fitted with a key fob kill switch.
No idea what make or if still available

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Or finger print to start which electrocutes if not recognized or handlebars touched and it sense its is moving.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...