today

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Re: today

Post by SH125Paul »

The old Xmax250 had a lovely almost full both sides, front and back mud guard...
A faff of changing the wheel / tyre but worth it...
The Xmax400 not so much - with mud, crud and shite thrown up underneath the seat bucket and swing arm area of the engine...
The SH could do with being fuller as well...

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Well today i found that on the Kappa site they do list the rear end crap trap, a bit like the BMW 1200gs rear tyre thingy...Tony was scanning the net for some thing and came up with a similar thing from China for £17 :lol: so he has sent for one for me...Will be worth the dosh to have a look how it goes together and if it can be modded :lol: Givi do one like the BM one that is universal so they say, but i can not find any info on it.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

kayz1 don't know if you use Facebook but a search for Honda X AVD brought up a video of the new rear hugger with all the fitting kit. I have managed to copy said video to MM Facebook page but cannot work out how to copy it here.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

That would be good if you could copy it to here, i don't do face ache as i suddenly found i had friends i had never known about going back years.
Must seemed to what money off me or for me to give them some thing :D So i kicked it in the head but i still get notes off them telling me
some one has left me an important message please log in.. they can F*** off... :lol:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Really disappointed with the Ermax hugger I bought for the Tmax - the rear underside is as caked in crap as it would be without it, and it gets filthy as well, so its another thing to clean!!!

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

My srv has a beaver tail piece of plastic fitted to the rear below the plate and it works well .

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Pyramid plastics do one for the front guard, i got this from the facebook group
https://m.facebook.com/groups/122152300 ... 1120021565
Dezzie

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Dezzie

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

We're really victims of the fashion that we created. If you ride all year round, like myself then you'll realise that the only one to benefit from shortie "sporty" mudguards are the manufacturers.

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

Thanks for that Dezzie, the problem with the x-adv is the big gap twix wheel and under seat i think, the crap seems to be pulled forward toward the pillion area and up the rear body work..spose i have to carry on with the new winter scoot and leave the Honda in the shed for nice days.The Kymco/Kawasaki J300 does not get much crap on it at all...the rear wheel has a full on mudguard icon_maxi_scoot.gif
Givi do one as well but you loose the chain guard as theirs has a built-in top chain guard, so not good. The full chain cover is great for keeping loob from the rear wheel and body work.
Lyn.