today

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

today

Post by kayz1 »

Got it covered in crap, went for a nice ride around North Wales hills and moors, only went through a few puddles and the bike is covered all over the arse end in crap :( :lol: roll on the J300 with built in rear MUD guard :lol:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: today

Post by MrGrumpy »

Yeah...been there, done that. I fitted a hugger to the new Tmax in the hope that it would mean that the rear end wouldn't get coated in crap, but it seems to have very little effect. On the bright side, the new Tmax seems to have some easy clean surfaces, but on the other the little sticky out rear indicates seem very vulnerable to being knocked by robust cleaning, and the corner of the belt cover has a real sharp edge to it!!!

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

.....I am realising that it seems to be a trait of scoots - dirty arse-ends for reasons I can't figure out. Perhaps rear huggers don't really fulfil a role or scooters tend not to come shipped with them.

I'm still running in my N max and I think that I'm gonna have to accept its constant crud-covered arse-end, despite its still shiny-new look and the rest of the pristine bodywork. That, or I shall have to start cleaning off the crud more often.

I don't think I can be bothered trying to source a rear hugger that either does not turn up at the front door or doesn't fit and then fashion a method of attaching it poorly.

Resigned :D

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

That is the problem with the X-ADV, none made for it as it was designed in Italy so hugger would not be cool....
But it must rain some times even in Italy where the beautiful people live..Can't see the Italians putting up with
a trip to work in the rain on the X-ADV in an Armani suit and all covered in road crap can you :lol:

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

time for some perspex creativity.... on my old NC i used an old number plate an pealed off the sticker an just bolted it under the bike number plate to extend it . worked ok as well. plus had a 'H' shaped piece up under the tail unit so the sides an rear part were extended out,an that reduced the upword splash.
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

I have already ( the first two mods ) made a crap trap for the rear shock now that does work ok. Made the plastic extension to the rear Eeeerrrr!
the BIT if thin plastic between the rear light and the number plate fills the gap.. Made no difference at all. I t does need the rear wheel completely
covered at the top to the bottom of the No: plate i think.

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

I think what's needed is a return to full-length, fully-valenced mudguards like the ones we used to take off our bikes and throw away in the old days, before we fitted the shortie alloy "go faster" items. I guess we've only got ourselves to blame. :)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

phantom309 wrote:time for some perspex creativity.... on my old NC i used an old number plate an pealed off the sticker an just bolted it under the bike number plate to extend it . worked ok as well. plus had a 'H' shaped piece up under the tail unit so the sides an rear part were extended out,an that reduced the upword splash.
My only successful mechanical bodge....on my previous mk1 Tmax, a previous owner had cut the rear mudguard off below the number plate (presumably in order to make it look trendy), but it meant that water and grime was thrown up all over the topbox, the scoot and even the rider! A friendly dealer gave me an old mudguard from some Aprilia scoot, which I managed to cut down and screw to the bottom of the number plate.... and it worked!!! :o :o

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

It's nice to see the J300 has a full top mud guard so maybe i will not get covered in crap on it.
As motor cyclists we only have our self's t blame as said....we buy these things as are: maybe
if we stopped they would ( maybe ) ask why...but i don't think so do you !

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Well, I paid a lot less for my N max than I would have for the Forza 125 and perhaps it's a case paying more and getting more as a package.

I'll get me coat and go out and wash the thing - again.