rucksack

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Re: rucksack

Post by Bluebottle »

Rucksacks make you go faster - that is why sportsbike riders use them.

Climbing rucksacks are narrow so the don't drag in the wind or buffet about as much but the long straps can dangerous when your sat so close to spiny things.

Knox do a nice looking rectangular one and Givi do a roll top one like a dri-bag, I like the roll top ones because water can't get forced into them.

Cycle shops usually have good ones.

Motorcycle specific ones tend to be heavy/robust compared to "outdoor" ones.

or get a Burgman 400, the storage is mahoosive :)
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

abitmad

Post by abitmad »

If you want a hard shell type, here's one at a bargain price but I have no personal knowledge of its quality.

https://www.24mx.co.uk/xlmoto-slipstrea ... ackpack#?p

Personally I prefer soft rucksacks to hard shell types. Kriega are excellent but very expensive at £105 for the 20L and £129 for the 25L.

https://kriega.com/riderpacks/r25

But do you really need one that expensive? There are numerous cheap rucksacks around for a small fraction of that price. On my BMW bike that I used to ride until a few months ago, I used a very cheap old 'sack that does the job just fine. The only proviso I'd make is that like mine you pick one that has a chest strap in addition to the normal waist strap. That helps to stop it dancing around on your back whilst riding. Any number of cheap 'sacks have that feature.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Cheers abitmad

At that price I may well take a gamble, I went to the dealers today to look at the Kriega and the price is eye watering.
I've got cheap rucksacks but as you say it's the chest fastening and sweating.

I just don't want the cost of buying racks and luggage for the XSR though I do have some throwover oxford somewhere.

Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Post by Z750Jay »

I use a cheap £15, 45 ltr rucksack when doing the shopping on the 650 Burg for that extra capacity after I have filled the underseat storage and 55 ltr topbox. Very waterproof - i just use a bin bag as a liner. Also means I can carry stuff that is too long to fit under seat or in the top box

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Took the plunge (after watching reviews) and arrived within 48hrs of order.

https://www.24mx.co.uk/xlmoto-slipstrea ... ackpack#?p

Not had a chance to try it out yet as away but looks OK- ish for the pennies

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

I could never understand anyone putting a rucksack on their back, especially on a scooter. I always had top box fitted on any bike I rode and I commuted daily for over 20yrs.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

the xl moto looks a good bit of kit, good price too.
would be handy as aircraft hand luggage, and then use on the hire bike on my two trips next year.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Mark
This is the review that swayed me

I might see if I can get go an airport and see if it fits in the luggage gauge/cage at the counter. Don't get me wrong but I accept it's limits but it's not Kriega prices.

Sylar
I'm with you but bottom line when I commuted and had more kit than underseat/top box & curry hook could carry back pack came into it's own (plus it was an arse ache unstrapping bungees on seats to get to fuel tanks)

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Scootypuff snr wrote:Mark
This is the review that swayed me

I might see if I can get go an airport and see if it fits in the luggage gauge/cage at the counter. Don't get me wrong but I accept it's limits but it's not Kriega prices.

Sylar
I'm with you but bottom line when I commuted and had more kit than underseat/top box & curry hook could carry back pack came into it's own (plus it was an arse ache unstrapping bungees on seats to get to fuel tanks)
thanks Harvey. ;)
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

andyscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: gilera runner vxr200

Post by andyscooter »

:x that back pack looks ace but wouldn't fit my lunch in it

will have to stick with my blue nhs bag for now
i was an atheist until i realised i am god
Remember its a speed limit not a target

gilera runner vxr200 (chavped)