rucksack

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
andy(b)
Current Ride: pcx and nexus 500

rucksack

Post by andy(b) »

hi, guy's and gal's

Looking at getting a small rucksack (20l -30l) anybody got any recommendation's? I've been looking at kriega 20l anybody got one?
how do they hold up and how waterproof are they?

thanks
in advance
andy

Scootypuff snr

Re: rucksack

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Andy
Interesting post I was just thinking the same thing last few days as I'm using the naked bike for winter.
I recall Kriega did a hard shell back protector version.
I'll report back after dealer visits UNLESS somebody knows better

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

I have the kriega 30l pack, you can carry as a ruck sac but it is not primarily designed as such.
Not cheap but good kit, as above they do do a hard shell ruck sac..if close to North Wales when you
need one call in to the place they make them, it will be the ONLY time you will ever get a bit of a
discount..They do not advertise where they are and you must have the correct cash cos no machine
at the counter.. Deeside North Wales.

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

I’ve just got myself a dry bag from http://www.lomo.co.uk/ looks to be a good bit of kit,my one is hold-all type,but they do rucksack dry bags as well,they do a 15L dry bag percificly for motorcycles,just waiting for them to come back in to stock,Once you click on a bag you like the look of,you’ll find a short video attached demonstrating the bag.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

pop into go outdoors loads of cycle racksacks and hiking style rack sacks :)
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

I have used a Oakley backpack daily for my commute to and from work for the last 15 years, its still waterproof, slightly discolored from its original black, all zips and clasps still function.

It cost me £90 back in 2002.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

andy(b) wrote:hi, guy's and gal's

Looking at getting a small rucksack (20l -30l) anybody got any recommendation's? I've been looking at kriega 20l anybody got one?
how do they hold up and how waterproof are they?

thanks
in advance
andy
Andy, I don't know if you've got yourself a rucksack yet but I was leafing through the latest copy of "Ride" magazine and there's an advert for a hard rucksack going for half price at £19.99 from XLMoto. It looks to be well made and at this price looks like good value. I was thinking of getting one myself. It's 24 litres.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Personally I don’t like the idea of wearing a rucksack on a motorcycle/scooter - the thought of it lodging in your back in the event of an off scares me

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Symcity wrote:Personally I don’t like the idea of wearing a rucksack on a motorcycle/scooter - the thought of it lodging in your back in the event of an off scares me
Yeah, I think it is definitely in the bad-idea-unless-unavoidable category.

steve_h80
Current Ride: silverwing 600

Post by steve_h80 »

Agreed. The advantage of a scooter is storage space, so why wear a rucksack, just stick it under the seat while riding.