Colourful Honda X-ADV

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Re: Colourful Honda X-ADV

Post by Ferret »

I,m personally liking all these adv variants and mods ,but if you've spent 10k on it at purchase I doubt I would want to splash out to make it look like an auto motocrosser or enduro bike . I am just surprised a custom variant on the nc platform has not arrived yet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

A bit too colourful for my personal taste....... :D
SEAT MO

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Cheers Bern, will keep an eye open to see what and where..

Edit:
and how much :lol:

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

kayz1 wrote:Ha Funky, hope all is well with the world for you..
Can you do a how to please on your wrap,,,,i have
just had a roll to play with on the Kymco/Kawasaki
j300. It only wants a bit in front and the sides doing.
Front is pointy/concave and convex so tips please.
Lyn.
The best thing to do Lyn is watch youtube videos of pro's wrapping, a how to is very difficult to do as its always a case by case process and it depends on how the pieces come apart. I always take panels off to wrap rather than try to wrap whilst they are on. I clean them thoroughly because you don't want any dirt getting under the wrap and doing the wrap with the panels on the bike leaves you prone to getting bits of the sticky side dirty.

I managed to find a nice oversize image of the front end of a J300... if the front end is one piece and you wanted just one seamless color then you'd have to cut a large sheet and start in the centre and use a heat gun to stretch and stick on side first then the other... but I'd take the easy way out and use seams to hide my lack of skill by using a two color combo to create a design. I can't see whether the left and right are joined on split though.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Thanks Funky...i am going to ( Try to ) remove a few panels on Tuesday, i say try as the book shows the odd screw/popper and says
" now remove panel " :lol: :lol:

Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Post by Z750Jay »

Ferret wrote:I,m personally liking all these adv variants and mods ,but if you've spent 10k on it at purchase I doubt I would want to splash out to make it look like an auto motocrosser or enduro bike . I am just surprised a custom variant on the nc platform has not arrived yet

lol, only 10K. My last bike was a adventure tourer that had a starting price of £13k to which I had to add another £1500 worth of extras (Givi pannier rack, top box mount, engine bars, fill in panels to stop road grime from the rear wheel splashing the rider and a taller screen) and I was cheap as i already had the luggage. Most will happily spend £3-4k to get their dream TLWR bike

Z750Jay

Post by Z750Jay »

LOL, close enough for adventure bike riders - The Long Way Round, the Charlie Bordman and Ewen McGregor bike ride around the world.
But I prefer your definition !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

What happened to the good old days when you bought a c90 for a tenner ,whacked some trials tyres on (cost more than the bike ) ,some ex post office panniers and hey presto you had a go anywhere bike ,oh and if you wanted a touring screen you either made one out of flat perspex or got one of those universal sails they used to make and cut to size . The main thing was it was still great fun but at a slower pace .

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

These days C90s are sought after, and one that actually looks vaguely complete is worth £000s!!

I'm reminded of something I read somewhere by an American adventure bike rider in the backwoods of Vietnam or Thailand or somewhere similar, where the locals ride cheap basic Chinese scoots. He said "You have a love-hate relationship with the local scooters - on the one hand they are obviously bits of cheap nasty shit, but on the other, the locals ride them along appalling roads where your $20,000 European Adventure bike can't get through" !!!

Z750Jay

Post by Z750Jay »

That is true enough. Apparently a Ural is the best round the world bike as it will run on anything.

As 4x4’s that never go off tarmac get called Chelsea chariots, I call the Adventure bikes that never stray from it Mayfair McEwans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk