Colourful Honda X-ADV

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Re: Colourful Honda X-ADV

Post by wozza »

Well bugger me!!! Errrr..........I certainly buggered that up didn't I..... :D

Bloody tablet can't speel at all......
SEAT MO

Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Post by Z750Jay »

Ferret wrote:It's on my short list but I still feel it's way over priced when you consider you could buy a Ktm 1090 adventure for a grand more .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lol, I have had two adventure bikes and they are the ‘type’ of bike I like. Unfortunately I have great difficulty/pain swinging my leg over thanks to a back injury (basically have torn the sciatic nerve) which is why I moved to scooters. The Adv X fits the bill for me - I already lost a ton of money when I swapped the XT1200z for the Burg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Ferret wrote:It's on my short list but I still feel it's way over priced when you consider you could buy a Ktm 1090 adventure for a grand more .

True, though of course if you want an auto, then the KTM doesn't fit the bill, and the X-ADV has some storage space, which'll cost a few hundred quid to replicate on the KTM. There again, I suspect the KTM is quite fun to ride....

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

You still have to cock the leg with the X-ADV and i find it to be a tad taller that the 750X was..sat on and to chuck my leg over..

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

I have got to get in and take another test ride and check my mounting technique .yes the KTM is very nice and much fun ,however I do have an issue getting my leg over and had to mount while on side stand .with the srv it's more of swing leg forward over the high tunnel which has plenty of boot marks as it's quite high .

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Ferret wrote:.with the srv it's more of swing leg forward over the high tunnel which has plenty of boot marks as it's quite high .

Ditto Tmax mk6...which seems to attract marks on the tunnel even though I'm ultra careful! The height is so much higher than the mk1 - progress backwards in this case.

Z750Jay

Post by Z750Jay »

kayz1 wrote:You still have to cock the leg with the X-ADV and i find it to be a tad taller that the 750X was..sat on and to chuck my leg over..
I had a few goes at getting on one at a show earlier this year. Lucky I am tall so I could stand on 1 peg with one leg and move my knee across rather than rotate the leg. Starting to practice doing that on the Burg as the footboard to seat height is about the same.

Z750Jay

Post by Z750Jay »

Ferret wrote:I have got to get in and take another test ride and check my mounting technique .yes the KTM is very nice and much fun ,however I do have an issue getting my leg over and had to mount while on side stand .with the srv it's more of swing leg forward over the high tunnel which has plenty of boot marks as it's quite high .

While I still had the XT1200 I used a 3 legged camp seat to mount the bike. Chopped the top down to just above the ring that all three legs go through. Attached a long cord to it so once I was on i could pull it up.
It helped a bit but my back/hip still played up due to the legs splayed apart seating position. Physiotherapist recommended I try a maxi scooter as I would be able to step though to mount and not have a massive tank between my legs.
Doing that and a change of job seems to have sorted the issue and I am on the road to recovery

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

Z750Jay wrote:
Ferret wrote:I have got to get in and take another test ride and check my mounting technique .yes the KTM is very nice and much fun ,however I do have an issue getting my leg over and had to mount while on side stand .with the srv it's more of swing leg forward over the high tunnel which has plenty of boot marks as it's quite high .

While I still had the XT1200 I used a 3 legged camp seat to mount the bike. Chopped the top down to just above the ring that all three legs go through. Attached a long cord to it so once I was on i could pull it up.
It helped a bit but my back/hip still played up due to the legs splayed apart seating position. Physiotherapist recommended I try a maxi scooter as I would be able to step though to mount and not have a massive tank between my legs.
Doing that and a change of job seems to have sorted the issue and I am on the road to recovery

That's why I came to the maxi world ,I was at the point of not riding 2 wheels anymore due to injuries and ailments lol .

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Not tested the foot on the floor board mount yet. The rider foot pegs from Honda are £550, so i made some...