Yamaha x max 2018 v Suzuki burgman 2018

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
ramasay
Benefactor
Current Ride: None

Re: Yamaha x max 2018 v Suzuki burgman 2018

Post by ramasay »

MrGrumpy wrote: Do you mean its got telescopic forks? :?:
Sorry no, its got two tripple clamps, like the Tmax and m/bikes, the'13/14/15/16 17' models only have the bottom one, which does make handling on twisties interesting.

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

I like traction control on the Xmax. It adds a nice little distracting orange light to your instrument display just as you're concentrating on pulling out of a side turning on a greasy road. :-o
the burger has a green light to distract you . the economy light . i keep thinking the indicaters are on :lol: ...lol
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

I had Traction Control on the X10, it was nice but something I could live without.
It's basically a freebie with Piaggio's integrated ECU/ABS box so I'd expect most to gain TC with the push to ABS.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Globs wrote:I had Traction Control on the X10, it was nice but something I could live without.
It's basically a freebie with Piaggio's integrated ECU/ABS box so I'd expect most to gain TC with the push to ABS.
The Bev had the same system. I did notice it kick in a couple of times, so it wasn't a complete waste of effort. I've yet to notice it working on the mk6 Tmax. Not sure whether its very sophisticated and subtle in effect, or just not doing a lot!