New T max Standard . Love it !

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: New T max Standard . Love it !

Post by MrGrumpy »

ramasay wrote: Still toying again between the new 400 and Tmax, £6500 to change to T max, £2700 for 400, and yes I could afford the T max, but 6500!. But then the 400 only has satin/matte paint, oooh :D
Well...thing is, choosing between an Xmax 400 and a Tmax is like choosing between a Hyundai i10 and an Audi A8, yes they are both cars but any further similarities are limited. Of course, the Hyundai will do the job of transporting you perfectly, but the A8 does things a bit differently and more excitingly - but costs an awful lot more. So yes, the Xmax will get you anywhere you want, the economy will be decent, the performance will be reasonable, handling OKish - on the other hand the Tmax costs a lot more, but its gives you a lot more in terms of enjoyment, though probably not in ways that can be easily quantified. To an extent its a head vs heart decision - and of course an entirely personal one, basically whether the Tmax is likely to float your personal boat. I can only assure you that the latest Tmax is an amazing machine (though of course, not entirely flawless) even by the standards of previous Tmaxs. Only you can decide, but this is really the context in which you would have to consider.

Aaron
Current Ride: Yamaha Tmax Tech Max 2022

Post by Aaron »

Nice Tmax. Looks like the heated seat can be easily installed as well, plugs straight into the pre-existing wiring. I've bought a few things from Webike Japan https://japan.webike.net/products/23218874.html

I'm liking my new (second hand, but new to me) 2014 Tmax 530. Best scoot I've ever had.

ramasay
Benefactor
Current Ride: None

Post by ramasay »

MrGrumpy wrote:
Well...thing is, choosing between an Xmax 400 and a Tmax is like choosing between a Hyundai i10 and an Audi A8,.... To an extent its a head vs heart decision - and of course an entirely personal one.....
Agreed, heart Tmax, head Xmax.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

But will your head rule your heart, or vice versa??????

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Aaron wrote:Nice Tmax. Looks like the heated seat can be easily installed as well, plugs straight into the pre-existing wiring. I've bought a few things from Webike Japan https://japan.webike.net/products/23218874.html
Interesting link - they are basically the same official Yamaha accessories, but the heated seat isn't listed on the UK website (last time I looked). Cheeky people are asking $20 for the owners manual which can be downloaded for free!

ramasay
Benefactor
Current Ride: None

Post by ramasay »

MrGrumpy wrote:But will your head rule your heart, or vice versa??????
:lol: :lol: :lol:

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

Oh congratulations on your new T-max!! I can imagine how excited you were when you went to collect it.. :D
SEAT MO

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Great looking scooter but o so expensive - good thing being you hardly see any on the road - at least in Scotland anyway - wish you many miles of enjoyful riding

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

Post by tmaxrobbo »

Ordered a Termignoni pipe ( Full Scream system) and a black Puig screen . Mind you coming to work today in Zero degree C I may delay fitting the screen! ;)

Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

Post by Pukmeister »

Termignoni instead of the Akrapovic? What was the deciding factor, I presume the quality is similar between both brands ?

I'm loving my Akra but its a touch more noisy than the stock pipe & cat.

I was cold today on my 5:30 morning commute by Tmax, I doubt a taller screen would have changed much in all honesty, thank heavens for my tucano gaucho , muffs and heated grips.