New T max Standard . Love it !

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

New T max Standard . Love it !

Post by tmaxrobbo »

So after much deliverance I have got my new t max
It is standard so no heated grips or seat cruise or electric s

creen. That made it cheaper and the cost to change much better. It’s great, quick and smooth handling. Seems roomier than the mk4 and lovely ride quality. Running it in so 5-6000 rpm max but takes off well . Keyless seems ok and menus intuitive . Looks good in the deep gloss black . I’m having heated grips fitted which plug and play into the computer without the ugly on off switch. Bigger under seat space is good . Thinking either akrapovic or termigioni for a naughty pipe . Seems to make less rear drive belt noise though not silent !! Glad I’ve done it and looking forward to putting some miles on it

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Re: New T max Standard . Love it !

Post by road runner »

Good choice. Enjoy your new steed in safety.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Congrats! As for heated grips, I took the exact opposite approach to you - I had some standard grips installed with a (very discrete) separate switch cos I definitely didn't want them entangled in the Menu system! I found there were some odd belt noises for the first couple of hundred miles, but they've vanished now.
Are there any reasonable hills your way? If so, I'd be interested if you get any funny surging when descending. Its got a steep hill mode which puts revs to 3000 when descending, but on slightly lesser hills seems to get confused and keeps switching in and out of it. I wonder if its just mine that's odd, or its a general software bug.

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

Post by tmaxrobbo »

Will check out the hill mode tomorrow on the way to work , it certainly rides well as you describe and the finish is really good , bigger seat as well / roomy . Love it !!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

I always feel like a 2 wheeled version of the Starship Enterprise, if that makes any sense. Kind of like very low level flight (at warp speed)!!!

abitmad

Post by abitmad »

MrGrumpy wrote:...Are there any reasonable hills your way? If so, I'd be interested if you get any funny surging when descending. Its got a steep hill mode which puts revs to 3000 when descending, but on slightly lesser hills seems to get confused and keeps switching in and out of it. I wonder if its just mine that's odd, or its a general software bug.
Not noticed that on my DX and have often descended many hills, steep and not so steep. But there may be a hill that is just about on the trigger factor, whatever that is, maybe road speed on a closed throttle perhaps, which causes the clutch/engine to be engaged at 3,000rpm so that it cuts in and out as you go just over/under the triggering condition as the hill fluctuates.

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

safe riding it get some pics up :)
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

abitmad wrote:
MrGrumpy wrote:...Are there any reasonable hills your way? If so, I'd be interested if you get any funny surging when descending. Its got a steep hill mode which puts revs to 3000 when descending, but on slightly lesser hills seems to get confused and keeps switching in and out of it. I wonder if its just mine that's odd, or its a general software bug.
Not noticed that on my DX and have often descended many hills, steep and not so steep. But there may be a hill that is just about on the trigger factor, whatever that is, maybe road speed on a closed throttle perhaps, which causes the clutch/engine to be engaged at 3,000rpm so that it cuts in and out as you go just over/under the triggering condition as the hill fluctuates.
Interesting that yours doesn't do it. On mine, its a bit more violent than that. On steep hills, its fine, but on gentler hills, if you are drifting down a long constant 1in 10 hill at say 30-35 with 3,500 revs, it suddenly decides to limit revs to 3000 then changes its mind and lets revs return to 3500, then changes its mind again and pulls revs to 3000 and so on....all the way down the hill. Of course, the Yamaha dealer pleads ignorance, and there aren't any hills in their vicinity for them to see the problem.

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Congratulations on your new scoot! I hope you have many trouble-free miles together.

I can't say I've ever noticed any surging on hills with my Mk 3, or noises from the final drive... :roll: :lol:

Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

Post by Pukmeister »

Hope its as much fun as your previous Tmax's. How many have you owned now ??

It will be interesting to hear how it rides once the running in period is complete.