New T max Standard . Love it !

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

Re: New T max Standard . Love it !

Post by tmaxrobbo »

Pukmeister wrote:Termignoni instead of the Akrapovic? What was the deciding factor, I presume the quality is similar between both brands ?

I'm loving my Akra but its a touch more noisy than the stock pipe & cat.

I was cold today on my 5:30 morning commute by Tmax, I doubt a taller screen would have changed much in all honesty, thank heavens for my tucano gaucho , muffs and heated grips.
Like the look, more compact , the Akra is huge , and I liked that the terignoni is called a scream :mrgreen:

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

looks stunning :D
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor

Post by tmaxrobbo »

First Service done and it flies now!! I have run it in carefully and now I can rev it a bit more it really takes off !
I had heated grips fitted at the service as this was part of the deal, the original Yamaha ones so you can adjust with the menu toggle. They seem pretty good though not as hot as my GSA . Fitting them meant more or less stripping the whole front of the bike off , it looked like a write off whilst being done !! I have a Puig screen and the termigioni Exaust to fit and that's it ! Its taken a while to get the miles on as I have been out in Vietnam on a bike trip ( You should go !!) plus shocking weather ever since I bought it . Love it though

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

tmaxrobbo wrote:First Service done and it flies now!! I have run it in carefully and now I can rev it a bit more it really takes off !
Yes, it does!! Once you start twisting the throttle, acceleration - especially in mid-range 30-50 - is really stunning. It feels like a 750 or something. Makes it a real suburban warrior - you see a gap ahead, twist the throttle and you are there! :twisted:

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor

Post by tmaxrobbo »

Took the short Puig screen off as I was getting serious windblast ! Have fitted a black GIVI screen from Italy and its brilliant , better protection and Cool looking now !!

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor

Post by tmaxrobbo »

Finally fitted the Termigione and a Givi black screen . The Pipe took me 3 hours to fit as you have to take the right side of the bike off !! Worth it though its not very loud . Well made and easy instructions just a pig to get the springs onto the headers . Its no faster but sounds good and won't rust !!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

tmaxrobbo wrote:Finally fitted the Termigione and a Givi black screen . The Pipe took me 3 hours to fit as you have to take the right side of the bike off !! Worth it though its not very loud . Well made and easy instructions just a pig to get the springs onto the headers . Its no faster but sounds good and won't rust !!
Neither will the original exhaust...if its no faster and makes more racket, I'm struggling to see the point :!:

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor

Post by tmaxrobbo »

MrGrumpy wrote:
tmaxrobbo wrote:Finally fitted the Termigione and a Givi black screen . The Pipe took me 3 hours to fit as you have to take the right side of the bike off !! Worth it though its not very loud . Well made and easy instructions just a pig to get the springs onto the headers . Its no faster but sounds good and won't rust !!
Neither will the original exhaust...if its no faster and makes more racket, I'm struggling to see the point :!:
Living right on the coast we get a lot of salt . The headers on mine were already rusting despite meticulous cleaning at 1000 miles . I do use it all year round and this is the only area I have issues with rust , The rest I cover in ACF50 and they stay as good as new . I do like the look and sound . The Akra version is huge so I went Temignoni .But yes I do see your point not an essenntial modification but I like it :mrgreen: Oh and out today it was faster uo to 90 :mrgreen:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

tmaxrobbo wrote: Oh and out today it was faster uo to 90 :mrgreen:
Now you're talking!! Lucky to get out today on it - weather horrific here, snow showers all day, freezing cold Easterly blast! Just talking to someone out in Cumbria and he said that he can't see out of his East facing windows as they are covered with blown snow!

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

nice exhaust system personally i would have gone for a different brand and style of end can that end can dont look right on such a big scooter but that is me personally.
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.