Reasons to stick with Scooters part 2

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Reasons to stick with Scooters part 2

Post by muddyfox »

KAWASAKI has just announced prices for its new-for-2018 models, revealed at Eicma in Milan last week.

The 200hp supercharged Ninja H2 SX sports-tourer will cost £15,099, while the higher-spec Ninja H2 SX SE - with colour TFT instruments, LED cornering lights, quick-shifter and launch control - will be £18,099 when both go on sale from February 2018.

The 1970s Z1-inspired Z900RS will be £9,899 in black, £10,099 in green and black or £10,199 in the brown and orange scheme most reminiscent of the original. It will hit showrooms at the beginning of next month while the Z900RS Café with café racer fairing, drop handlebar and green paint, will arrive in March 2018 priced at £10,349.

The Ninja ZX-10R SE, equipped for 2018 with Showa semi-active suspension, will be £18,949 from March next year.

And the Ninja 400, Kawasaki's new parallel-twin mid-capacity sports bike, will be available from February 2018 for £5,249 in black or £5,399 in KRT colours.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Scootypuff snr

Re: Reasons to stick with Scooters part 2

Post by Scootypuff snr »

muddyfox wrote:
And the Ninja 400, Kawasaki's new parallel-twin mid-capacity sports bike, will be available from February 2018 for £5,249 in black or £5,399 in KRT colours.
If that's the case better priced than the versy 300

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Who would ever have thought you would have to pay 19grand to buy a Kawasaki!!!

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

I've noticed that bikes are becoming very expensive indeed, when you add the lousy economy of many, the short, expensive service costs, high priced high wear tyres and the gear, insurance and theft aspect it all gets a bit much.

I did find a cheaper alternate though with a special anti-falling-off system, built in storage and weather protection and good for adventure - just jump on and visit the south of France at a whim HERE for a mere £8.7k.

The money saved from a 1200gs would have pay for quite a lot of trips. I'm happy with my cheap SYMs but I'd have to think really hard about going past £5k these days when the competition is as strong as it is.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

This is why I only buy second hand... I have only had one brand new scoot and just felt that why pay so much when you lose so much. You could buy a second hand one keep it for a year and pretty much sell it for the same or possibly more the following year so long as you look after it.

Or if you crash it the insurance company pays out more than its worth...
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

I am settled with the bikes I have, but was considering changing for change sake, the Vstrom 250 is now available and I fit it well, so asked about a trade in price for my cared for 2013 Deauville ABS with all extras fitted. All went well until the dealer asked about the service history. I said it had no stamps in the book, 'this would mean we would have to deduct the cost of a full service from the trade in price'. The final trade-in allowance is £3600. They must service bikes before they sell them again, so why this cost?
I certainly would not pay an administration charge either.
So happy days, I'm stuck with very good bikes kept in good condition with manufacturers service parts fitted, very good oil and fluids used and no need to worry insurance companies for change of vehicle charges.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Dave Weller wrote:I am settled with the bikes I have, but was considering changing for change sake, the Vstrom 250 is now available and I fit it well, so asked about a trade in price for my cared for 2013 Deauville ABS with all extras fitted. All went well until the dealer asked about the service history. I said it had no stamps in the book, 'this would mean we would have to deduct the cost of a full service from the trade in price'.
Very odd....I can perfectly understand that having no service history would decrease the amount they'd offer, but the rationale of deducting the cost of a service makes no sense at all! There again, I'd guess that the reduction in an offer might be more than the cost of a service anyway!

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

What the saleslady did was to find a similar age bike on AutoTrader (£5200), deduct a few quid for my extra miles than that one, deduct a full service cost and she arrived at £3600. she knows that I've carried out all the servicing at the correct time and Honda parts were used, I have kept receipts for parts.
No bother, I'm lucky to have 3 good bikes which are a joy to work on, all greased up properly and none of the engines have been stressed in their life.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

Dave Weller wrote:What the saleslady did was to find a similar age bike on AutoTrader (£5200), deduct a few quid for my extra miles than that one, deduct a full service cost and she arrived at £3600. she knows that I've carried out all the servicing at the correct time and Honda parts were used, I have kept receipts for parts.
No bother, I'm lucky to have 3 good bikes which are a joy to work on, all greased up properly and none of the engines have been stressed in their life.
Given some of the standards of dealer 'servicing' I've seen, I think I'd want to deduct the price of servicing it again myself if I bought from a dealer...
1981 Triumph T140ES
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Post by Z750Jay »

When I traded in my 5 year old DL1000 towards a new XT1200 I only got £1500 for it. Think it had around 35,000 miles on the clock which I thought was reasonable for an adventure tourer. Parkers guide thought otherwise! Ride more than 2,000 miles a year and it is classed as excessive milage. Apparently bikes are to be brought, polished and ridden not very often and only in dry weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk