nec an wish list...lol

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

nec an wish list...lol

Post by phantom309 »

did the NEC show , picked the right day( sunday ) dry an warmish . indoor parking a bonus as i know it'' still be there when i get back...
well sat on loads of scooters . an asked about accessories for the burger, hand guards yes £185 ,good job i had them in the deal , top box fitting kit "NOPE" not yet available , due to german TUV regulations that every new part has to best tested for so many thousand miles before being passed . but givi have them in stock to order ? ( same parts ) i know as they emailed me to say available .. plus told SHAD are available now aswell.
sat on the new 400 BMW , not a big fan , it's ugly an no leg room. but the 650gt now that was spot on. 8-) . comfy seat , loads of leg room plus an abundance of toys to play with :geek: . next was the vespa 300 gts in an amazing metallic green. next the sh300. again nice looking except for the huge screen , wow that would need chopping in half . tried the yamaha's next , tmax still way to tall . i was on tip toes, xmax 300 very nice comfy seat as is the new 400 but no leg room . :oops: oh an not a scooter , but it is DCT the new goldwing is awesome . along with the price ... :roll:
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Re: nec an wish list...lol

Post by Symcity »

Thanks phantom for the review - I’d had been more than happy to visit the show however I cannot justify travelling over 300 miles each way

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

I gave it a miss, just couldn't summon up the enthusiasm to ride 45 miles to look at stuff I wouldn't want to buy, might go to Stafford see if they have a Cruisym in instead though.
Have wheels, will travel :D

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

Yep, I’m not going this year - too 'samey' for me plus it’s a 3 hour drive from where I am, not to mention £50 odd quids worth of fuel. I’ll go to the London one in the Excel in February. 25 minutes by train plus I’m 60 in a few weeks time so it’s free travel card time. Yippee. :roll:
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

The Kent section of the Honda Owners club are manning the stand on Thursday and Friday, but I don't think I'll go this year.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Steve_D wrote:Yep, I’m not going this year - too 'samey' for me plus it’s a 3 hour drive from where I am, not to mention £50 odd quids worth of fuel. I’ll go to the London one in the Excel in February. 25 minutes by train plus I’m 60 in a few weeks time so it’s free travel card time. Yippee. :roll:
Steve, 60?? you're a mere boy! :lol: As I'm not able to hit the NEC this year, I'm hoping to go to Excel. Train all the way, lunch and a pint too.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

Didn't fancy the NEC either this year as I've seen it all before now.
I may go again one year though, but will never go back to Excel, cramped, rammed with people so you can't move or breathe and you see it all in a couple of hours.
At least the NEC is super big, lots of space and for me, easier to get to :)

So I'd advise to go to Excel on a quiet day if you go, you'll thank me later...

Nicola756
Current Ride: Nc700 integra 2012

Post by Nicola756 »

I went on Monday and quite enjoyed myself :-)

My burgy is starting to get tired, few problems cropping up and as I’m no mechanic fixing it may start getting expensive. Too expensive and I’ll retire the poor thing and get a new bike. So with that in mind I’ve starting looking at what bikes might suit and a trip to the nec was a chance to sit on a few (a lot) and chat about options. Got 4 on my list to look out for - when the time comes!
Enjoyed the off-road stuff too- the track they were using looked a lot like the muddy, potholed rough track I was having to negotiate several times for some work stuff last week! And I was doing it on a maxi scooter :-)

My shopping list...
New burgman 400 - liked the looks but losing that storage space, hmm.
BMW C650gt - liked a lot! But BMW servicing...
Honda NC750x - really nice fit for me. Want a test ride...
Honda Integra - again a comfortable fit and liked the looks with the luggage on.

Funnily enough I tried the Tmax and hated it straight away. Surprised myself as I thought it would be the right one, but no, it didn’t work for me at all. But thats why its good to try several out at a show :-)

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

Nicola756: to be honest if i had the money i'd probly go burger 650 than BMW as simular money to buy, but would be cheaper to run... the NC750x is awesome except you have to buy a new seat as the standard is like sitting concrete. having had 3 400 burgmans now plus an older 650 , they are my personal fav's. :D the new 400 is great... an i haven't really noticed the few litres missing ... still get 2 helmets under there .
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

I always go if the weather's bikeable - it's a pleasant 2 hour ride for me, and I'm a bike enthusiast...
Very noticeable that Chinese origin bikes are getting more and more good-looking, and the engines are getting bigger. And the Royal Enfield Twin will appeal to a lot of people if it comes in under £6,000, as the man on the stand implied.
But my bike of the show was...
IMG-20171123-01787b.jpg
1981 Triumph T140ES
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350