Back for a while...looking in, & stuff I've done to the scoot

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Re: Back for a while...looking in, & stuff I've done to the scoot

Post by Dave Weller »

Data, a strange thing happened when I visited a bike shop, I said to the owner, you've had that CBF600S a long time, he had priced it high because it was really well looked after by a mechanic owner and was low mileage. I looked around it, but it would not start, of course that settled it, I borrowed some tools, started working on it, it had a strong battery and being a carb model was flooded when we tried to start it. New outer plugs fitted and all was good. Took it for a blast, came back and exchanged to Bev for it.
I got a lovely Silverwing 600 earlier this year and have decided that's a really good touring bike.
Hopefully we will meet up again soon for a natter.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

It's good to hear you're on the mend Data. Great news. Great Vespa mods btw

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

Good to hear from you Data and glad things are going well with your surgery. Mods to the Vespa look good too.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Great to hear your getting better. Always up for another pie ride when your good and ready.

I have similar grips and well pleased with them.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Blimey Dave, you've been busy too! Nice choices of bikes though. Yep, I'm sure it won't be long before we meet up again for that natter! Smeg, RR, thanks. I want to pop a front rack on her sometime too. So far she has the Vespa midsize front screen, heated grips, front fender extender from Scooter lab, PunctureSafe in the tyres. Of course it came with the genuine Vespa rear folding rack, and genuine Vespa leather top case. It is genuinely a really useful tool now and very comfy as you guys know. Now she has a few thousand miles on the clock she's become much faster. I love the surprised looks at the lights when the boy racers get wacked by me on the Vespa!! :lol:

Bern, thank you for your best wishes, it's much appreciated mate.

Mottza, thank you. Only saw your post about the pie run after it had happened. I could have made that. Good on you for taking the time to sort it. Glad you are pleased with the grips! See you soon.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

welcome back, nice little add on to the scoot there will come handy this winter ;)
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

victor
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman Exec 650 K9

Post by victor »

excellent news Data, carry on with the mending of the body and bikes/scoots so nice too hear your back on the mend.

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

Good to see you are getting better and that you have bonded with the Vespa, an awesome fun machine.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

kishan wrote:welcome back, nice little add on to the scoot there will come handy this winter ;)
Yes, they are in full time use kishan. The weather is certainly cold now down here. Thanks for the welcome back!
victor wrote:excellent news Data, carry on with the mending of the body and bikes/scoots so nice too hear your back on the mend.
Thanks Victor. :)
Globs wrote:Good to see you are getting better and that you have bonded with the Vespa, an awesome fun machine.
We've bonded good...literally! When I fitted the heated grips the 'super glue' was indeed very effective, not just on the grips!! lol. And thanks for the good wishes Globs. Do you still have your X10?
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

Data wrote:
Globs wrote:Good to see you are getting better and that you have bonded with the Vespa, an awesome fun machine.
We've bonded good...literally! When I fitted the heated grips the 'super glue' was indeed very effective, not just on the grips!! lol. And thanks for the good wishes Globs. Do you still have your X10?
Ah yes the old superglue - sticks well to people :).

I sold the X10, it was a great bike but didn't do anything more than the SYM 300 for me and I never bonded quite with it, it was too 'bike like' and competent rather than the adventure of a smaller, cheaper machine where I sat lower and become rather attached to.

I may one day chop the SYMs in for a Vespa so that is always a possibility, I had so much fun demoing a Vespa 300 that it's firmly on the list and the popularity of the scoot and the parts means it would be a great choice for a long ownership in the future.