Something not cool

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
chris
Current Ride: 2011 Sym Symply 50

Something not cool

Post by chris »

Hi guys, not been on for a while, busy getting married and going on honeymoon so I don't know if this has come up or not, if she I apologise if not it is quite worrying.
While we were away I got talking to a biker who told me something disturbing, it's mainly in London but you never know how quickly things like this could spread.
Right so basically its about maxi riders being surrounded by 4-6 smaller scooters, normally somewhere like traffic lights, and being forced off their scoots and having them stolen. As if that isn't bad enough there have apparently been incidents where weapons are used including guns, knives and even ACID!!! So go careful out there and be extra vigilant as to who's around you especially when coming to a standstill, I wouldn't want to hear about any of you have any of this happen to you.
I'm sorry if this has dampened anyone's day guys but after hearing it I really thought I should let u all know.
Racking up the miles...............slowly!! icon_moped.gif :lol:

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Re: Something not cool

Post by smeghead »

London appears to have become a cesspit of human excrement lately. The rozzers seem not to care or are totally ineffective in dealing with the issues there. I can't see it getting much better anytime soon. And no, I don't live there before all the London lovers have a go.

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Something I have noticed is the public is getting fed up with it all and going to the assistance of riders in trouble or thieves blatantly stealing bikes. No doubt a scally will attack the wrong person with a weapon, get hospitalised and the Good Samaritan end up in court!

Mind you, for every one Good Samaritan there will be 10 aspiring news cameramen.

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

And at least a 100 who will walk right by, not wanting to get involved. :?

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

Thanks for the warning. My Maxsym is only a few months old, so it may be a prime target for these lowlifes.

all-four-inches
Current Ride: 2013 T-Max 530 BlackMax

Post by all-four-inches »

The reason why this is so rampart is because the law is so lax. They wont chase the thieving scum in fear they might come off their bike and get hurt (oh boo hoo). And when they do get caught (highly unlikely) all they get is a slap on the wrist and they are back out there, case in point: - oh im sorry? were they not following the law before? what makes you think they will respect this "ban".

All the while if you defend yourself or your property and one of these scum gets hurt YOU will be the one ending up in the slammer. Its an absolute joke, they know they can get away with daylight robbery so why would they not?

andyscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: gilera runner vxr200

Post by andyscooter »

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopi ... highlight=

link to 22 page thread about it

and a seven page one mainly about vespas

http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic15293 ... ae32a2686e
i was an atheist until i realised i am god
Remember its a speed limit not a target

gilera runner vxr200 (chavped)