Alloy bolts

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Alloy bolts

Post by Symcity »

I recently bought some M6 x 25 red dome head alloy bolts from fleabay - when I opened the packet there was a notice saying “hand tighten only” - I’ve replaced the exhaust heat shield bolts with the new alloy red ones and gently tightened them with an allan key - kinda worried about that notice though :?

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Alloy bolts

Post by MrGrumpy »

Well,these daysif you are foolish enough to use something for its intended purpose, bad things will no doubt happen!

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Stainless would be better as they are much stronger. Alloy isn't really suitable as they can't take any real strain. There aren't many high tensile stainless bolts either unless you want to pay mega money but you don't need high tensile for your heat shield.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Symcity
Benefactor

Post by Symcity »

Maybe apply some thread lock and see how it goes - no more scootering until around easter anyway

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

"No more scootering around till easter" On Sunday I did 137 miles. Tuesday I had a run to Southport round trip 74mls . Today was better than predicted so went to Southport again, no one else there either day on scooter or bikes, but, that's just me.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

if I lived in scotland with all that snow as symcity does ,mine would be away for the winter as well.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Symcity
Benefactor

Post by Symcity »

Yes tonight we are bearing the brunt of hurricane caroline with winds of around 70 mph

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

My power has just come back, been off from 3 this afternoon until 15 mins ago. Bit windy here as well.

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

We in the North West seem to have been a bit luckier with the weather, although sometimes when out in the wind the weather report at night has said they were seventy mile an hour, must admit my heated vest and inner gloves are needed this time of year, I do enjoy riding in winter, no groups of cyclists on country lanes, and no sport bike riders trying to show how fast they can go no matter what the speed limit is. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't get out riding at least twice in the week .

Symcity
Benefactor

Post by Symcity »

Yes Sylar - we spent sunday and monday in the Fylde area - I noticed quite a few bikes/scooters on the road - I’d say it was around 9 celcius - had a look in Raceways Fleetwood on tuesday morning before driving home - his used stock seemed a tad overpriced - nonetheless it appears to be a profitable dealership - the previous night we won a twenty pound voucher in the kings own comrades club redeemable at Bensons butchers in Dock street - bingo !!