Ordered new 2018 Xmax 400

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
ramasay
Benefactor
Current Ride: None

Ordered new 2018 Xmax 400

Post by ramasay »

Well, have decided in the end to go for a 2018 400 Xmax rather than the Tmax due to my usage. This will be my 60th birthday present to myself that was due last month, but due to accident on current 400 in mid October, my Insurance co. was awaiting the outcome from the Police who attended. All good.

In the end I have gone for the Phantom Blue matte finish, which dealer already has in stock, and also due to the £800 extra p/x dealer gave, as they are desperate to trade at quiet time of year, they have included Oxford heated grips and floorboards fitted :D :D :D , and refit my Leo Vince exhaust to new scoot. But unable to push them anymore.

Cost to treat and overpsray bodywork to gloss finish £150, if I decide to go this route.

Pickup to be decided. Will update on comparisons between my 2015 Xmax 400 and new model n due course

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Ordered new 2018 Xmax 400

Post by MrGrumpy »

Oh well, at least you are getting sorted! Congrats.
Interesting idea about 'glossing' the bodywork - would the dealer do that, or someone else, or would you do that yourself??? I've sometimes contemplated respraying one of my scoots as I'm sick of Black or Silver, but am put off by likely hassle..

ramasay
Benefactor

Post by ramasay »

MrGrumpy wrote:....... would the dealer do that, or someone else, or would you do that yourself??? ..... but am put off by likely hassle..
To be decided, dealer would use their sprayers. Would do it myself if it was summer as have compressor and tools etc., but not anywhere to spray at 20C/70F which is needed.

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

Very nice, also VERY good idea to get those accessories: you'll love them in this weather :)

You may consider a vinyl wrap instead of spraying, it may be quicker, easier, reversible and protect the paint, not sure if they do clear but I'd think they would.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Tony did two of my scoots that came in the matte finish, he just went over each panel with some clear stuff to make sure no contamination of paint,
then hit it with a coat of clear gloss..the white Integra he put a little bit of that funky coloured stuff in it to give it a lift. Was only a day and a couple to make sure it had hardened enough to refit the plastics.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Yes, they do a clear vinyl wrap. And congrats on the 400 Xmas. Lovely bike...please post with your comparison between it and your 2015 model.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

I know I have waxed on about how the 400 isn't seemingly worth more than the 300, but as you were considering a Tmax, I'd have to say the price differential from the Xmax to the T would make me think the Xmax400 is an absolute bargain :)

I'm jealous of the colour, btw. :(
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Ramasay - enjoy your new brief - post some images soon

ramasay
Benefactor

Post by ramasay »

Data wrote:Yes, they do a clear vinyl wrap. And congrats on the 400 Xmas. Lovely bike...please post with your comparison between it and your 2015 model.
Never thought about vinyl wrap, will investigate.

ramasay
Benefactor

Post by ramasay »

StephenC wrote:I know I have waxed on about how the 400 isn't seemingly worth more than the 300, but as you were considering a Tmax, I'd have to say the price differential from the Xmax to the T would make me think the Xmax400 is an absolute bargain :)
In the context of the price difference between Tmax and Xmax, yes a bargain, especially as I have got an extra £800 p/x since original quote in mid October for either Tmax or Xmax , so putting it nearer 300 price, but if I went for 300, would be cheaper again.

However I know the 400's capabilities regarding overtakes at 60-70, and would not wish to compromise just to save money and find the 300 was not up to it. Made this mistake before.