I'm giving up riding.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Re: I'm giving up riding.

Post by Maxsymuppet »

Alanzzg wrote:All you need is just one nice day a ride to the raven for a breakfast or a ride to the cost for a ice cream and you will be glad you still have your bike
You are probably right!

As to a bicycle or an electric bike, not for my commute. Certainly not a bicycle any way. It's 11 miles!

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Depending on your level of fitness, 11 miles isn't really a lot, and will probably reinvigorate you after your long shift. However if it's pissing down with rain or howling a gale or all up hill on your way home, it's probably something you can do without.
Maybe best to stick with the scooter.
I have been "feeling my age" lately, after a couple of operations this year and some health problems which I don't seem to be able to shake off, and I've thought of getting a car, but I don't think I could face the traffic. I'm resisting the urge to "go lighter" with a 250 or something, but I think it's inevitable in the long term. :cry:

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

11 miles is within the range of an electric bike.
Contact patch area is also not an issue - tyres are only wide to disperse heat.

To prevent sweating you use the electric motor to get to work, then if you can't charge it at work you only get sweaty on the way back.

You should also be able to park it inside or at least disable it well enough at the office I would have thought. You can insure them too BTW.

I would recommend making a small dry fireproof area outside to charge it though, just to be fully safe.