Heated grips

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Re: Heated grips

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Yes I also love the sound of a big American V8 on acceleration. It's that off-beat sound (I think they call it syncopation in music) but another favourite for me is a BSA Gold Star single being blipped (they don't have slow running jets to tickover so have to be revved) and the BSA Rocket/Golden Flash twins also sound beautiful)
This thread seems to have wandered off topic.. :roll: :lol:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

The BMW C600 made a lovely noise at speed...kind of V8 like. Vibey at slow speeds though. Nice though it was, the noise wasn't enough to tempt me away from the Tmax though!
Talking of Tmaxs...Yamaha got the noise right on the mk2 - a kind of subtle deep tone, which they've never quite matched on any subsequent version.

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Well I went for a ride tonight to test the Shadows headlight and the heated grips. The headlights's ok, I just needed to adjust it down a bit. The "hot hands" grips are great heat-wise, but the switch is minute and to try and switch them in winter gloved hands is very hit and miss, the switch itself is very small and the only way of knowing is by looking at the green light. I think I might just fit a different switch, I've got some nice self illuminated switches with a bigger toggle which will be a bit easier to use.