halfords sale

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

halfords sale

Post by horobags »

Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Re: halfords sale

Post by Sylar »

I bought some last year when they had it for £10 for 5ltrs, used it in the car, no complaints.

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

i wouldnt feel comfortable using halfords brand in my engine
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Halfords Branded Oil is Made by COMMA, who also make CASTROL...
Been using the Halfords Motorcycle 10w40 Semi Synth and 5w40 Fully Synth in bikes and scoots for years...
Also use the Halfords 10w40 Semi Synth Gear Oil in the transmission of both my XMax400 and SH125, Again made by COMMA
Also use there car oils in my cars... and have used their CAR OILS in my scoots as no clutch & clutch slip to worry about, and no gearbox and shear from the gears to worry about...

But each to their own.

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

As stated above, Halfords is a reseller, not an oil firm and no one makes or blends oil in the back of their garage anymore.

The main thing with oil is to not run out and to change it often enough. We're lucky enough with scooters to have not wet clutch so we can use regular car oil which is cheaper and better (more slippery) then bike oil.

I doubt many scooters end their days with oil related issues these days either, they rot, get stolen, crashed, sold or traded in before that's a possibility.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Ill be using the above in me cg 125.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Globs wrote: We're lucky enough with scooters to have not wet clutch so we can use regular car oil which is cheaper and better (more slippery) then bike oil.
:? Why is using "regular car oil" a problem for 'bikes with a wet clutch ? My 750 Triumph Bonniville was happy enough using Castrol GTX 20/50 :?
Have wheels, will travel :D

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

The Bern wrote: :? Why is using "regular car oil" a problem for 'bikes with a wet clutch ? My 750 Triumph Bonniville was happy enough using Castrol GTX 20/50 :?
Car Oil often contains friction modifiers that may cause clutch slip - most car engines have a separate clutch...
Car Oil can suffer from 'shear' forces from a motorcycles gears / gearbox... cars tend to have a separate gearbox / gearbox oil...

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

The Bern wrote:happy enough using Castrol GTX 20/50 :?
20/50 is a multigrade oil, i.e. not as slippery as synthetic.

The exact lessening of grip on a wet clutch will depend upon model, usage and oil, it's not a black and white science.

The 750 sounds lovely however, can we see a pic?

Davefirestorm
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by Davefirestorm »

Nowt wrong with any oil that is the correct spec,doesn’t matter what brand or how much you paid for it.Don’t get me going on supermarket fuel lol. I’ve run all of my bikes/cars on Supermarket fuel,from a Fireblade down to a Velocette 350 with no running problems,lack of performance,poor fuel economy etc.etc. I’d sooner stick pins in my eyes than lash out extra for Shell/BP etc with “special additives” Snake oil f*cking Snake oil lol.