New V twins from China

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

New V twins from China

Post by smeghead »

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-new ... -twins-way

The Chinese will be up there with the best soon I reckon.

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Re: New V twins from China

Post by Ferret »

smeghead wrote:http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-new ... -twins-way

The Chinese will be up there with the best soon I reckon.
They will get there but I still feel the quality control of the raw materials is lacking somewhat ,the stuff from Taiwan is still superior.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Davefirestorm
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by Davefirestorm »

Regarding Chinese build quality,you get what you pay for.By that I mean if the customers priority is low cost then you’ll get shite,pay more and you’ll get whatever you desire they are good engineers if your willing to pay

marval
Current Ride: Aprilia sr gt

Post by marval »

Whilst they dont hide it, SWM dont make too much of their Chinese engine supply, the strong message is the Italian heritage and assembly. This makes me wonder how they could price, say the mid size 550cc, because their 440cc single bikes, as pretty as they are, come in at 5 grand ish. Therefore I cant see how they could get a V twin 550 priced south of an SV650, which would be an absolute killer killer.

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

Davefirestorm wrote:Regarding Chinese build quality,you get what you pay for.By that I mean if the customers priority is low cost then you’ll get shite,pay more and you’ll get whatever you desire they are good engineers if your willing to pay
Agreed, the ignorant westerners who drove a hard bargain found that out the hard way, with the Chinese it's simple: They got what they paid for - the price is part of the specification.

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Davefirestorm wrote:Regarding Chinese build quality,you get what you pay for.By that I mean if the customers priority is low cost then you’ll get shite,pay more and you’ll get whatever you desire they are good engineers if your willing to pay
This.

Regarding this particular brand - I've had the misfortune to work on a couple of Shiterays... suffice it to say that I wouldn't be buying any bike that had one of their engines in.