Not So Clever Fox

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

Not So Clever Fox

Post by Pukmeister »

Had a fox sprint straight into the side of my Tmax on yesterdays morning commute to work at 05:30. Left some fur and claret on the bellypan and right hand fork lower and put a 2" crack in the bellypan plastic. I stopped to check and the fox had scarpered but must have been badly injured, luckily no other damage to the bike so I got off lightly save for the sudden shock. Poor fox, I don't like them but I don't relish the thought of having put an animal in pain or maybe a slow death.

Maxi_pete_ii

Re: Not So Clever Fox

Post by Maxi_pete_ii »

Happened to me once, except it was a cat rather than a fox! Cracked the side panel and left some fur, but it had disappeared by the time I stopped and turned round. Certainly gave me a shock!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

A bit better than the time a deer ran out in front of a colleague's father's car and wrote off his brand new Jag! Deer written off as well, though no humans were injured.
Had a bird strike once on the Aprilia Atlantic....I don't think it was a particularly big bird, but at 70mph, it hurt!!!

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Poor foxy. No pet insurance or friendly vet to tend his injuries. Glad you're ok though. ;)

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

With me it was a squirrel. My burgman just went right over it with both wheels without even flinching. I saw it in my mirror dragging itself along by it's front legs, so it had obviously broken it's back. I just hope the poor thing didn't live long and suffer too much.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

I've had a pigeon fly in to my front wheel, it was when I had a B125, it just exploded leaving blood and body bits stuck in the radiator and the wheel well. It looked like the scooter just ate it very messily.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

I had a bird hit my Burgman screen at about 40mph. Killed it stone dead and left some poop on my screen.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

bn1966
Current Ride: Vespa GTV 300 SG

Post by bn1966 »

Badger at 40 mph..Triumph Spitfire :-( Poor Brock..nothing I could have done to avoid it though...felt bad

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

Urban foxes are becoming a real nuisance. They no longer fear humans or cars because they have been semi-tamed by misguided people who feed them in their gardens for their own entertainment. In truth foxes have relatively short lives which end miserably when they succumb to disease or starvation whether or not brought about by traffic injuries. Its not difficult to see foxes in their natural wild environment for those that are interested but we shouldn't be encouraging them to live as scavengers in built up areas.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

roadster wrote: Its not difficult to see foxes in their natural wild environment for those that are interested but we shouldn't be encouraging them to live as scavengers in built up areas.
As I understand it, there are far more foxes in urban than rural areas these days, so towns now are their natural environment!