Rain Suit

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Re: Rain Suit

Post by rayb »

I've got ladies textile trousers and reinforced jeans. OK until I want a pee.

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

You can't really tell it's a ladies jacket. Unlike a pair of armoured jeans which my daughter passed on to me, which have the fly zip up somewhere around the navel! :lol:

rayb
Benefactor

Post by rayb »

2wheelover51 wrote:You can't really tell it's a ladies jacket. Unlike a pair of armoured jeans which my daughter passed on to me, which have the fly zip up somewhere around the navel! :lol:
Mine are the same but it's a small price to pay for something that fits my limited stature.

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

All this cross dressing malarky you'll be visiting the blue Oyster bar next!! :lol:

rayb
Benefactor

Post by rayb »

Snail wrote:All this cross dressing malarky you'll be visiting the blue Oyster bar next!! :lol:
But not the men's urinals :)

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Have wheels, will travel :D

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

People may be interested in this test actual test of waterproofs....
https://www.scooterlab.uk/which-waterpr ... feature-2/

Blimey - could have done with a good set today - slightly underestimated the strength and persistence of the rain here!! Still my Roadskin kevlar jeans coped better than you might expect.

abitmad

Post by abitmad »

Thanks for that link, it's interesting though their conclusions are yet to be shown.

I already have the Tucano Urbano Nano jacket which I bought recently but not the trousers. They only show the one piece version of this brand but it does also come in two piece. The jacket works well, looks okay, and has the advantage of being ultra lightweight and it packs into a little bag about the size of this full stop. As does the pants. Here's one place selling the two piece version of this kit:

http://www.urbanrider.co.uk/tucano-urba ... black.html

http://www.urbanrider.co.uk/tucano-urba ... users.html

I also have an old one piece, forget the brand, bought many years ago.

One piece looks much neater for those concerned with looks but in my view has two drawbacks over a two piece. Putting them on is trickier and also, if you need to have a french it's quite a bit more complicated and time consuming than a two piece, for both men and women I'd say.

I've noticed that you can get lightweight, waterproof jackets and trousers to be worn over your clothes in cheap outdoor gear shops like Millets or Trespass etc. for a fraction of the price of dedicated bike suits. Many of these also pack up into tiny bags making them easy to carry around when not in use. I haven't actually tried them for biking but might do in future if I need to replace anything.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

abitmad wrote: I've noticed that you can get lightweight, waterproof jackets and trousers to be worn over your clothes in cheap outdoor gear shops like Millets or Trespass etc. for a fraction of the price of dedicated bike suits. Many of these also pack up into tiny bags making them easy to carry around when not in use. I haven't actually tried them for biking but might do in future if I need to replace anything.
I've used water proof trousers from such places quite successfully - after all, on a scoot, your legs are relatively well protected. I'm not sure jackets designed for walking would stand up to the wind blast of being on a bike/scoot or be completely waterproof, as they can be pretty thin & lightweight. Haven't tried though. There again, you can pay a fortune for walking gear - and you need top notch stuff if you intend to tramp over the Scottish Highlands in typical Scottish Highland weather!! I normally have a waterproof bike jacket anyway.