Rain Suit

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Re: Rain Suit

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Thanks Bluebottle. I'm looking for stockists at the moment.

OP was looking for a one-piece suit, which I use only when I go long distances when I need to seal out the cold and rain. I find a one piece effective but slightly awkward if using daily - which I choose not to.

I'll look for the make, as mine has been bloody reliable and is so far, after many years, still holding up.

But for daily use - two-piece is the way to go.

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

I got waterproof trousers and leather gloves last time Aldi did a motorcycle special. There should be another one due soon. I think the last one was early March. So far, the trousers have done what they are supposed to do. They have very wide zip flares but I still have to take my boots off.

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

rayb wrote:I have a pair of Aldi waterproof trousers, which are pretty waterproof but it's all but impossible to do the ankle zips up without jamming them. No matter how careful. So, I've started wearing my Helly Hansen sailing one-piece and it's warm, comfortable and relatively easy to get on.
May be waterproof,but on my 3rd pair now,took the 1st 2 pairs back because after [1st pair] ripped after 30 seconds,1st time on,then 2nd pair ripped after 3 days,got my money back so bought 3rd pair,now £6 cheaper,left them on the table for 2 months,tried them then 2nd day ripped all the same place,just under the elastic,on the left side,but I think there are waterproof. :lol:
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

rayb
Benefactor

Post by rayb »

Does your bum look big in them richie? :)

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

No but the 3rd pair ripped straight down the left leg,had to dig out my old one-piece,and I am sure it got smaller.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

Steevw
Current Ride: Burgman 125

Post by Steevw »

I just stick a pair of "Site" waterproof trousers from Screwfix and a massive cagoule on over my normal gear. Handy to keep under the seat and dry out a heck of a lot faster than any bike clothing.
Gone for a counselling session with Prof Burgman. icon_maxi_scoot.gif

rayb
Benefactor

Post by rayb »

Steevw wrote:I just stick a pair of "Site" waterproof trousers from Screwfix and a massive cagoule on over my normal gear. Handy to keep under the seat and dry out a heck of a lot faster than any bike clothing.
How about these. If they only stay waterproof for a few months? And added protection for the old tum.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rain-Bib-Bra ... -uqcZ9CosA

rayb
Benefactor

Post by rayb »

mac65
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda ADV 350

Post by mac65 »

Well my other half bought me an IXS Oyster suit from J&S last year and it's brilliant and very warm. But it's more for winter or spring when it's still freezing!!Lined and armour fitted as well. Only £69.99 from J&S bargin.
enjoy eXtra to the Max

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

I've got plenty of waterproof trousers, but wearing my "Rayven"jacket while outside doing repairs at my sisters place I got it contaminated with paint and filler etc. so went to J&S for a replacement and got a Frank Thomas jacket which fits on its own or over my Alpinestars textile jacket and looks well made. Got it home and looked at the receipt "Dallas" ladies, size M... :)