Accessories?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Accessories?

Post by Snail »

Hi, as you may have seen from the introduction page we have just joined the forum,
We have our sh300 bought new in October 16

We elected for a Givi v47 topbox instead of the Honda one as much bigger can hold two full face helmets as we are always two up, this does match in quite well, also thinking about the plastic rack which fits to this box, just for lightweight things that won't go inside?

We have had a bag made to my dimensions that fits between my feet and legs that comes just above the bag holder and fits into it, zipped top and waterproof, see website bags for everything, the makers, very useful

We also had the Honda screen and hand guards, the screen is rubbish so flimsy it vibrates and doesn't shed the rain, no matter what I treat it with, I also bang my head on it when getting on! So out with the jigsaw now about six inches shorter which means I can see over it, but doesn't stop the wind! What windscreens have you fitted?

Also thinking of fitting a usb socket for the satnav, phone, was thinking of removing the small pocket on left hand plastic to see if there is enough room behind plastic to take it?
Anyone else fitted one and if so, where?

Any other mods been done on the sh I should know about?

Thanks snail

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Re: Accessories?

Post by rayb »

Here's what I have just removed from my Innova prior to swapping it for an SH300 on Saturday. I'll let you know how it goes and post a pic. It worked pretty well on the Innova using my Galaxy Ace and Navfree. The screen is pretty bright when turned right up but it did become harder to see on sunny days.

One of these fitted to the mirror stem

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-Honda-ANF ... 2749.l2649

One of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bike-Bicycle- ... 51e9017328

And one of these. The wires went through the grommet on the mirror stem and then to the switched live on the ignition switch. You don't want the USB charger to be live all the time or it will flatten the battery.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Black-Wat ... 4b0194f0ac

I'm glad you said about the Honda screen, I didn't get one fitted as I wanted to be sure. The Honda one on the Innova is too high but it does stop the wind. I'm going to do a bit of homework before opting for a screen.

I did go for the Honda topbox because it doesn't need any holes drilling to attach it.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

The reason the screen is so flappy is 'cos its so big. Like you, I had it cut down so I could see over it - forget how much, probably not as much as 6". The snag with the SH is that you seem as exposed as on a naked bike no matter what you do....

rayb
Benefactor

Post by rayb »

MrGrumpy wrote:The reason the screen is so flappy is 'cos its so big. Like you, I had it cut down so I could see over it - forget how much, probably not as much as 6". The snag with the SH is that you seem as exposed as on a naked bike no matter what you do....
So maybe not worth getting a screen, if I'm not doing a lot of fast miles?

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Im happy with mine, works well.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Snail

Post by Snail »

Hi, we had two innovas before the sh 300, they were fine for short journey's, but to be honest I miss my Honda deauville, so half way with the 300?

I was going to piggy back from the power socket under the seat, problem using this socket is the cable has to come across your leg area and have got tangled getting on and off, hence the idea of usb by the handlebars

I have already made a 20 mm bar to mount the satnav on using the windscreen mounts, so the bar sits horizontal across two top bolts, fitted my TomTom mount from van to this, also can be used for phone mount and camera?
Snail

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

rayb wrote:
So maybe not worth getting a screen, if I'm not doing a lot of fast miles?
Hmmm, I think it'd be even worse without one at all...especially in wet weather. I was going to say that another option was a Givi Airflow screen, but bizarrely it seems that Givi only do one for the previous version of the SH300, not the current one! Givi do do a shortish screen for the new version which might be worth considering, though probably not ultra protective.
See https://www.givi.co.uk/my-motorcycle#,S ... 15_%3E_17)

Snail

Post by Snail »

I am not sure if it was true, but was told the Givi screen was better but the Honda fitting kit was needed, which you can't buy separately?

I am guilty of not checking if that was, is true, just expected the Honda one to be as good as other ones I've had?
Snail

Mister Paul
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by Mister Paul »

Yeah, you need the Honda mounts for the Givi screen.

I have the tall Honda screen on for the winter. Once you get used to it being literally in your face it's a revelation. Visor-up at 80 on the motorway, and so quiet I can hear the belt whirring. The visor stuff that Nikwax do works for me to keep the screen clear.

I use the short Givi screen in the summer. It's thicker than the Honda screen. Keeps the wind off my body and has some rain protection.

rayb
Benefactor

Post by rayb »

Any thoughts on this one?