Sat Nav.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
chippie
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-MAX MK3

Re: Sat Nav.

Post by chippie »

Alanzzg wrote:Nice find Frank
We will have to meet up soon so i can show you my new icon_moped.gif
Ice,rain,snow,salt won't be for a while yet and if the weathers anything like it was last year
the year before and the year before there might be a very nice low mileage T-Max for sale
this summer.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

there better not be!!!
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

I have some photos of my Garmin Satnav in its mounting but I can't be doing with setting up a photobucket type thing. If anyone would like post them, I'll email them to you.

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

Go to postimage.org. No sign up required. Click on 'chose images', once you've chosen image from wherever you have it on your computer it automatically uploads it to their site. Then, click on the blue box to the right of 'Hotlink for forums' and paste that into your post. Easy. Works on all forums.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

Keep an eye on Aldi

I got a proper motorbike Garmin Zumo for about half price a couple of years ago.
I was suspicious that it might be a lesser product but it is the real deal with powered cradle and ram mounts and bluetooths to my helmet.

Sometimes use my phone, not as easy to read, picks up lots of glare, Garmin app works well on iPhone, free apps not as good but works if you are stuck.

Back in the house I can’t find the right charger out of the pile for any of it :)
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

rayb
Benefactor

Post by rayb »

rayb
Benefactor

Post by rayb »

Steve_D wrote:Go to postimage.org. No sign up required. Click on 'chose images', once you've chosen image from wherever you have it on your computer it automatically uploads it to their site. Then, click on the blue box to the right of 'Hotlink for forums' and paste that into your post. Easy. Works on all forums.
Thanks Steve_D

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

Thanks for posting pictures of your fitting

rayb
Benefactor

Post by rayb »

So, I fitted my bracket and usb port, bought the waterproof case and the right-angled usb lead finally arrived. Plugged it in an nothing happened. Tried it in my computer, nothing happened. Mentally composing a message to the cable supplier but I tried it on an external disk drive and it was fine. Tried a good usb lead on my satnav, nothing. So, it looks like a new satnav or a repair. I think Garmin do a fixed price exchange.

rayb
Benefactor

Post by rayb »

Garmin's fixed price repair is £75. In fact, it's an exchange for a refurb. I thought I'd be better off spending a bit more and getting a new one. Until I did my homework. Unless I want to spend a lot more, then if the reviews are to be believed, I'm better off with what I've got.