Windshield deflector/spoiler

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Re: Windshield deflector/spoiler

Post by kayz1 »

The pug deflector has to be bolted on so holes have to be drilled..so yes it can be removed but one then has four holes in the screen.
It has a sort of ratchet effect so it locks into the position your leave it, can be pulled out at top and bottom or bottom or top....if you
no what i mean..So you can set the angle of the dangle as it were.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

kayz1 wrote:The pug deflector has to be bolted on so holes have to be drilled..so yes it can be removed but one then has four holes in the screen.
It has a sort of ratchet effect so it locks into the position your leave it, can be pulled out at top and bottom or bottom or top....if you
no what i mean..So you can set the angle of the dangle as it were.
Does it make any difference what angle you set it at? To me, whilst you can adjust the deflectors, it seems to make little difference to their performance! The MRA screen on the mk4 Tmax especially - it made no difference at all how you set the deflector!

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Capt. R Swipe wrote:Knurled knob! :D
kayz1 wrote: can set the angle of the dangle as it were.
Everyone knows that when talking about knobs (knurled or otherwise) the angle of dangle, is directly proportianate to the haet of the meat :ugeek: :kiss:
Have wheels, will travel :D

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

My deflector has arrived and fitted quite simply despite the absence of any instructions. There were a couple of alloy shims that I couldn't see the point of, so they are in the pack. It came with the two allen keys required, which was a nice touch. It has a clamp release, which isn't very easy to release without a screwdriver as a lever and the fittings are just below line of sight but I guess I'll get used to that.

I took it up to 70mph wearing my open face helmet, which would have been pretty uncomfortable without the deflector. As it was, there was a bit of a breeze from the side but it did the job well. There doesn't seem to be any undue strain on the windscreen. I'd say it's well worth the £22 I paid. It will be interesting to see how it copes in the rain.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

My first thoughts when i opened the box was...I could never buy the Ali and machine it for that money, never mind pay some body and ship it 1/2 way around the world :lol: i no it will be a CNC machine spewing out dozens an an hour...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

rayb wrote:My deflector has arrived and fitted quite simply despite the absence of any instructions.

I took it up to 70mph wearing my open face helmet, which would have been pretty uncomfortable without the deflector. As it was, there was a bit of a breeze from the side but it did the job well. There doesn't seem to be any undue strain on the windscreen. I'd say it's well worth the £22 I paid. It will be interesting to see how it copes in the rain.
Yes, they do seem to work quite well, and are a cheaper option than higher screens, so well worth trying. The Puig had instructions but they were in Spanglish, and the diagram was the only bit worth having!

The Bern
Benefactor

Post by The Bern »

rayb wrote: There were a couple of alloy shims that I couldn't see the point of, so they are in the pack.

I think they go between the clamp & the screen to stop the grubscrews marking the screen as you tighten them.

rayb
Benefactor

Post by rayb »

The Bern wrote:
rayb wrote: There were a couple of alloy shims that I couldn't see the point of, so they are in the pack.

I think they go between the clamp & the screen to stop the grubscrews marking the screen as you tighten them.
I did think that and they are the right size. Probably too late now!

The Bern
Benefactor

Post by The Bern »

rayb wrote:
The Bern wrote:

I did think that and they are the right size. Probably too late now!
I'd still fit them bud, not only will they stop the marks but possibly more importantly they will spread the load onto the full size of the shims, as opposed to the localised pressure put on the screen by the four grub screws.

rayb
Benefactor

Post by rayb »

I'll do it now :)