What's you average speed on the motorway

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Re: What's you average speed on the motorway

Post by rayb »

I guess cruising speed was more accurate, except I was also interested in variations on the cruising speed as well. For example, winding it up a bit every so often, to relieve boredom etc.

I'm not really interested in getting from A-B as quickly as possible, I returned from my motorway stint along the back roads through the Malverns and Worcester . That was much more enjoyable.

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

I am with snail, only use Motorways when no alterative to A or B roads. If limit is fifty or sixty then that is what I travel at, anyone wants to overtake me they are very wecome to, my Silverwing 600 can travel all day at eighty so the yanks say, i like to know the power is there if needed.

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

Well unless I'm trying to keep up with others (you know who you are!) I'm another who prefers to be inside lane 60-65 just popping out to overtake HGVs.

Now I'm (semi) retired I don't need to rush everywhere, so even in the car I'll sit on cruise control at 65mph and get 70mpg, just leave a little earlier.

All helps de-stress, instead of constant tailgating in outside lane.
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

I try to stick to no more than 70... but the fuckwits who pootle along at 60 when there's no need in the middle lane or the half a sleep drivers that wander a bit and make me want to get past asap so I usually give up and go 80 to pass them... then you get the dicks that, as you are passing the slower traffic, get right up your arse... so I end up going 90 to just finish passing the others so I can get the dick off my arse and pull in... but then I am stuck behind the 60mph drivers in the middle lane... all the while I am calm thinking how much simpler it would be to have gone on the local roads... stuck behind a driver doing 10-15mph lower than the speed limit or with no one in front of me enjoying the roads at just on the speed limit to only have a dick up my arse... and thinking to my self I wish I had gone on the motorway.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Know what you mean Peter.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

70 mph on the motorway officer,
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Post by Whatsisname »

What's a motorway? Dorset doesn't have those!
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

55, I like 55, you can cover a lot of miles reasonably economically at 55, but every now & then you NEED to go quicker to 'clean out' the engine ..... honest occifer
Have wheels, will travel :D

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

I try to avoid motorways at all cost as they are so congested and with all these new cameras switching on at zero tolerance,just makes the journey horrendous.I go the back roads to wherever I'm going in the uk . Big positive for a & B roads is I can stop for a p whenever needed or stop to take in the wild life ,sunsets etc etc . I have also found that a journey without motorways may have taken 20 mins longer on a 4hr trip but is normally 25-35 miles less as noted travelling to South Wales a few weeks ago .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Ferret wrote:I try to avoid motorways at all cost as they are so congested and with all these new cameras switching on at zero tolerance,just makes the journey horrendous.I go the back roads to wherever I'm going in the uk . Big positive for a & B roads is I can stop for a p whenever needed or stop to take in the wild life ,sunsets etc etc . I have also found that a journey without motorways may have taken 20 mins longer on a 4hr trip but is normally 25-35 miles less as noted travelling to South Wales a few weeks ago .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree but there are times , like when I go to Weston, where the Avonmouth Bridge saves having to fight your way through Brizzle.