First ride. Kymco AK550

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Re: First ride. Kymco AK550

Post by Symcity »

Yes joe soap scooter owner does become very defensive if anyone or anything happens to report something positive or negative about there pride and joy - in this case the tmax fraternity are up in arms because something similar is threatening to take over the coveted crown of the super maxi scooter - have I just repeated what Meldrew has just said ?

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

I must admit if I hadn't previously ordered a 2018 Honda X ADV (which is arriving in the next few days), I would have more than likely ordered the new Kymco. I'm sure it will prove itself to be a fantastic piece of kit.
SEAT MO

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Symcity wrote:- have I just repeated what Meldrew has just said ?
Yes...that should worry you.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

I take all this with a pinch of that stuff i put on my chips...Look at the shit i got when i bought the first Honda NC (Integra ) thingy..not a scoot it has a chain. All sorts of shit. Then even more crap when i bought the First X-ADV.....just larf and get on with it. Had you ( the people moaning about these machines) wanted one you would have bought one. so leave the people alone who did/have bought them...Be a bloody boring place if we all liked the same stuff. I find myself in total agreement with Mr Meldrew on this one...
Lyn. who still has the ( real ) Flu.

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

Yep it would definitely be a boring world if we all all liked the same thing...
More variety = more choice, more to see, more to talk about and more to dis (banter). :D
SEAT MO

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

April edition of O2W has a full test, but it's not online yet. They give it a 9/10.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

It sounds like there are plenty of practical improvements over the TMax. I like the audible indicator warning and the easy to use centre-stand (although the TMax's isn't bad) as well as the more adjustable bum rest. The TMax's just isn't adjustable enough for my shorter dimensions and is a bit of an ornament. Adjustable rocker arms instead of shim under bucket means easier (and therefore cheaper) valve adjustment, so yes it has some worthwhile advantages over the TMax.
While it's true that we all tend to validate our choices, the TMax was the first of the sports scooters whichever way you look at it, but the AK is an updated copy with quite a few worthwhile improvements and cheaper to boot. Pity about their dealer network though.. :roll:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Oddly, the Tmax's bumstop isn't adjustable at all anymore. Don't like the comment that only small full face helmets fit under the seat, or the tiny tank capacity. Yes, an audible indicator warning would be nice!!!

SkuTorr
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax Mk3

Post by SkuTorr »

The first month the AK 550 was available in Spain, it was the #1-selling motorcycle/scooter over 125cc. First month! Outsold the Tmax 2:1
2009 Tmax with OODLES of upgrades!
2009 Majesty 400 (sold)
2007 Aprilia Mojito 150 (sold)

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Wow, Watch out Yamaha! :shock: