New Xmax 300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Re: New Xmax 300

Post by Ralph »

Yep they are certainly lashing the salt on roll on summer or even spring will do
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

kermitoo

Post by kermitoo »

HI everyone...What I love about this topic is that you are all ahead of me so I can read up all the things I will have to look forward to...can hardly wait!!...Well today I went to pick up my Xmax300 and , to be honest, I was a bit apprehensive to ride it initially...My feet touch the floor well enough, the brakes scared me a tiny bits on first try...but all went well...And...guess what?? I saw Ralph waiting for his to be serviced...so nice to put a face on a name...So off I went and avoided the A roads as drivers drive fast and I could only get up to 40mph...so frustrating but I went a bit above on a few occasions though brough it back to range. Lovely, absolutely lovely ride, smooth and predictable...so went up the B roads everywhere for a couple of hours and laughed at myself for trying to pass in second gear or trying to find the footrest as my feet did tend to be in the same position as they were on my motorbike, stopped and got more gear on as the wind was a real killer, then carried on getting to know the little beast...it so wanted to go faster but I resisted the temptation...I found it a bit heavy when tiptoeing but manageable...not a problem when pushing it on the side even for a little "froggy" like me!!! The colour is very very nice and I will try to send a video link when I would have learnt how to do that...I am not a techy person ..:)) After a good few miles I came back home , put it on the centre stand ( sooooooooo easy to do too) and then applied the ACF 50 everywhere except brakes , calipers and seat then applied the datatag UV in several places and finally put the windscreen higher up ( very easy to do as well)...Tomorrow I will go out and put more miles on and fill up...The only thing that annoys me is the key lock business or whatever they call it...I need to get use to it I guess...I know some of you love it to bits...:)! So that is it from me...nothing new I am afraid but I am very happy I purchased it so thanks for all the new pioneers who shared their experienced on here..:)

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Welcome to the club! You'll get the hang of the keyless thing soon enough.

It's a great bike. Not perfect, but very good.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Yes nice to meet you Kermitoo the scooter looks good in Blue, the brakes
get better much better at 600 miles mine have gone from a minus crap
rating to pluss good so I am happy with mine now, use both the rear does more
than on a bike and the suspension on this kind of scooter reacts more by squating
down rather than the rear rising and front diving like a bike, one of the smoothest
bikes I have ever ridden with good comfort roll on summer.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Now at 700 miles only problem is even though it has quite a sharp exhaust note
when riding it others don't seem to hear it coming so were with my old Morini
by the time I landed at the garage the door would be open and a brew on
with this I frighten the wife half to death when I walk in,
Round Britain Rally starts this weekend so the miles will mount, at least two
trips to Wales and one or two to the Scottish Borders one round the Lakes
and a few others, hopefully it will be run in and then some before it has to do
any higher speed stuff.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

kermitoo

Post by kermitoo »

Yes StephenC...I am starting to get use to it and start to like it too...I have done 200 miles today to and around the Lake district so it reaches the 300 miles since yesterday...I could sleep on it whilst riding!!...I guess I know all the B roads there is in this part of the country...the good thing about it is that it makes the engine ride at different regime...but what a bore though...I went above tiwce or so today and up to 60 as I needed to overtake...good response from the scoot... I am glad I made this choice now...I am not sure if mine will be ready for the trips you mentioned Ralph but if work allows it then I will be party to it...Other than this I will have to bring the handlebar toward me...I may need to reach out less than now but the manual doesn't seem to explain this very well...so I will have to check this out by logic ..Also will have to find something better than what the dealer sorted out with the sat nav holder...the thing shakes so much it hypnotises me...lol ( not really but it could)..:) So all these little things to sort out in a zen approach...so bedtime now..ride safe all of you ...:)

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

At that rate you will soon have the 600 miles the scooter then becomes much more
usable would think the lakes are a ideal running in place.
It's a very comfy scooter, I could possibly do with a bit more leg room but think
a lot of it is the winter kit, I too raised the screen but am not sure if I prefare it
in the lower position will likely move it back down when things warm up.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

kermitoo

Post by kermitoo »

Yes...I found that the protection is much better when the windshield is raised though my eyes are just above the top of the screen so I wil get use to that too but will reverse to lowering it down if I cant get comfortable with looking under or abve the top windshield line...Re space I have plenty as I am only small ish...but then i grow bigger and bigger because of all the layers of clothing i wear with the cold I almost look like Mrs Michelin !!..Tomorrow I am going to go towards the East coast to clock the miles on maybe for 3 to 4 hours depending on the weather...:)

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Now at just over 800 miles, this thing don't half stick to the road
even though the local farmers have been chucking more nuck
on them than the fields.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Mr Xmax
Current Ride: Xmax 300

Post by Mr Xmax »

I need to get out more - still around 700 miles on mine! Wish I'd invested in some ACF-50 earlier too - engine picks up a lot of cack at this time of year. Just given the bike it's third clean and a good application of the stuff so hopefully it'll get no worse.