New Xmax 300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Re: New Xmax 300

Post by Ralph »

I would ride it a good few miles before changing the shocks, I thought they were a bit harsh
but now at 5000 miles they have softened up a little well started to work as they should and
are fine, whent to sort out when to book mine for it's 6000 service today and mentioned that
the front disc was slightly warped, it's only noticeable braking from high speed, no problems
will stick in a claim now and it can be fitted at the service, no worries, that will do me.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

I'll give them a good run before considering replacement

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Ralph wrote:I would ride it a good few miles before changing the shocks, I thought they were a bit harsh
but now at 5000 miles they have softened up a little well started to work as they should and
are fine, whent to sort out when to book mine for it's 6000 service today and mentioned that
the front disc was slightly warped, it's only noticeable braking from high speed, no problems
will stick in a claim now and it can be fitted at the service, no worries, that will do me.
Ralph you are not the first owner to have replacement disc under warranty. One of my mates had new rear disc problems on his 2017 X Max 125 and another had both replaced on his 2018 X Max 400. If you are the third person I know of how big an issue is this disc problem ?
Always a little concerning when the dealer doesn't put up to much of an argument for warranty work.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Will ask when It goes in how many they have done, I suspected it from new but it only became certain when after running in I started braking from higher speeds, mine is the only one I have heard about.

To be honest it's one of the best bikes I have ever had and I have had over 65, it has a 2 year warranty a keeper as they say
it's just such a good all rounder I can forgive a odd little problem.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

charles1976

Post by charles1976 »

collected it yesterday, first impressions are good, really like the colour - phantom blue good quality fit and finish, comfortable seat. Only gripe is seating position, sit up and beg vespa style or feetfoward but that is a bit too high and cant stretch legs out, may try adjusting handlebars to see if that improves things at all. quick 40 mile blast yesterday, will be much happier when i can get upto 50, 60 mph on bypass and motorways....

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

First 600 miles is a pain but worth persevering, and when you can use 5400 it makes a big difference, once run in it can hold it's own
on most roads.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

maxsymiser
Current Ride: Honda X-ADV750

Post by maxsymiser »

charles1976 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:17 am collected it yesterday, first impressions are good, really like the colour - phantom blue good quality fit and finish, comfortable seat. Only gripe is seating position, sit up and beg vespa style or feetfoward but that is a bit too high and cant stretch legs out, may try adjusting handlebars to see if that improves things at all. quick 40 mile blast yesterday, will be much happier when i can get upto 50, 60 mph on bypass and motorways....
Hi Charles, did you have a trade in?

charles1976

Post by charles1976 »

Indeed

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Was out after sun down last night, still not sure as to what the lights are doing,
the dips seem ok but the high beam seems to do strange things, will be interesting once
the nights close in as once out of the village st lighting is non existent.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

charles1976

Post by charles1976 »

Sold. Only lasted a week but the seating position just didn't work for me which is a shame as the Bluecore engine was exceptional plumped for a new burg 400 which is perfect...