New Xmax 300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Re: New Xmax 300

Post by 2wheelover51 »

"err pretty sure aluminium doesnt rust.... its steel you have to worry about." Quote All four inches.

Ha. From the moment metals are dug out of the ground they're trying to get back in! Especially when they're on motorbikes in the middle of winter! :)

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

2wheelover51 wrote:"err pretty sure aluminium doesnt rust.... its steel you have to worry about." Quote All four inches.

Ha. From the moment metals are dug out of the ground they're trying to get back in! Especially when they're on motorbikes in the middle of winter! :)
Never was a truer word said.
:D
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

:lol: I like that one. True.

all-four-inches
Current Ride: 2013 T-Max 530 BlackMax

Post by all-four-inches »

Ralph wrote:
2wheelover51 wrote:"err pretty sure aluminium doesnt rust.... its steel you have to worry about." Quote All four inches.

Never was a truer word said.
:D
but... its not true... :|

Aluminium is very corrosion resistant by default, with very little treatment needed.

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Ok it is corrosion resistant but it does oxidise, this than helps protect
it even further from corrosion, it still looks naf though.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Ralph wrote:Ok it is corrosion resistant but it does oxidise, this than helps protect

Until in the case of cars/motorcycles or any thing else that electricary is running through, add the salt on the roads and general crap and what does that give you! I will let Data/Bern and Mr Bluebottle do the teqi stuff.

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

kayz1 wrote:
Ralph wrote:Ok it is corrosion resistant but it does oxidise, this than helps protect

Until in the case of cars/motorcycles or any thing else that electricary is running through, add the salt on the roads and general crap and what does that give you! I will let Data/Bern and Mr Bluebottle do the teqi stuff.
For a start there is that wonderful chemical reaction called bimettalic(aka galvonic) corrosion, you know the stuff that locks bolts into casings as if welded.
Have wheels, will travel :D

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

600 mile service today only slight problem was the oil service light had not come on
at 602 miles so they could not reset it, it came on on the way home at around 620
miles which would be close to the 1000 k service of the km bikes so it likely counts
in them no problem reset it myself, now got a extra 900 revs does not sound a lot but
pushes the speed up to 50/55 and stops mos drivers from driving close, hell it was
cold early on,
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Mr Xmax
Current Ride: Xmax 300

Post by Mr Xmax »

I had the same - service light came on for me at 620 for some reason. The extra revs really make a difference.

If the bike wasn't already white it would have looked it after my ride to work today from all the grit! Acf-50 on order!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Ralph wrote:600 mile service today only slight problem was the oil service light had not come on
at 602 miles so they could not reset it,
Do what? Why couldn't they? If its anything like the Tmax, its just a couple of button pushes, and the manual says to do so if you change oil early!