New Xmax 300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Re: New Xmax 300

Post by Ralph »

All went well did Millom today, sounds like your getting the miles in, I have been reading the owners book, always a bad idea, and though the next service is slated for 6000 miles it says change the oil when the oil light comes on, and that is at 600 2400 and then 3000 after that so it is due a oil change at 3000 miles.

This is were we have been Hodbarrow near Millom, a interesting place but a good mile up a dusty rough track with the sea on one side and a water sports area on the other used to be a harbor for Iron ore, not a place for the faint hearted if the weather is bad.

Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

kermitoo

Post by kermitoo »

Hi Ralph, glad to see you are back on tracks...the place in Millom looks really nice so I will have to explore this part and get the picnic out...I odnt think i am nearing the 3000 but I have a good few hundreds miles per day so I shouldnt be long...it is hard to juggle with the time in order to fit everything in one day...:) When i have few days off to come I will pm you for a meet and ride unless you prefer riding alone..:) At times I just like doing that...you know? just get the scoot and heading towards the horizons !!!...Take it easy still until you recovered fully though.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Our favourite Video reviewer CagerOnTwoWheels has just done a review of the Xmax300. He likes it, in town at least.

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Interesting video I have not tuched anything down yet, must try harder,
not done as much over the last 2 weeks now at 3200 ish back still a bit
iffy, Caton is closed by the way for a week I think for anyone thinking of
a visit, he says it weaves a bit at high speed and I have heard that befor
but mine as not shown any sign of it though mine as a top box and maybe
that makes a difference or maybe he got it to higher speeds than I have.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Had a ride up to Devils bridge today just a slow bimble, no bikes at Caton only trucks and travelers on the way to Appleby, a few bikes at the bridge but no little green frogs, though I am keeping my eyes open.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Been out today 222 miles from the Fleetwood area down the M55 to M6 and on down the M58 to Liverpool met a mate, then though the tunnel to Hoylake, then down the Wirral to a small place on the Welsh side of the border, then up to the Ponderosa for din dins, down the Horseshoe and worked our way back to
J10 on the M56 then home, keeping up a good pace without going daft, 109 mpg dot have a clue how it does that, good day out but back is complaining a bit. now at 3538 miles. suspension as soffend up and it handles well brakes are very good now one finger is usually enough to drag it down, do slightly miss a parking brake but can live without it.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

kermitoo

Post by kermitoo »

Hi All...sounds very nice this Ralph...The little frog was travelling up to glasgow via the coast...had a picnic with some guys who chatted so much I thought I would never be able to get going againg...very nice guy though...so eventually came back home and enjoyed the 9 hours ride...I felt it the next day but we all get over that though as the passion is worth every it of aches!!! I enhoyred the speed there but I really need to steady the pace and be careful of the speed cameras...I have been lucky so far...I also decided to try to remove the famous front panel and got that easily without fearing ripping off the bit some of you had mentioned...I discovered that the only spare fuse I havent got is a 20..so i will get that to be on the safe side....I pushed the scooty quite a lot these last few days...and can reach very easily the 85mph, I feel it could go higher than this but no need for this just yet...Going up north I felt that the motorway winds were a bit nasty at times but felt well enough protected tucking in behind the cockpit...then putting the booster on and there i go...lol...I love it...love it ...So the little green frog goes all over the place with the aim to visit every single castle she can find of English history interest...I am planning to go to wales so if you are up to it Ralph and wide juts let me know...Mind you i have only a few days off before i start work again but I could squeeze this ...i watched the video and found it interesting..I am listening to what he said and felt quite defensive of my scooter...lol...Fortunately he didn't say anything too bad...Other than this , i am still loosing the little plasitc screws...So I verify all the times before setting off but it is annoying...so far nothing fell offother than the screws...!!!...I will make sure i ask them half a dozen replacement ...Do any of you know if you got your free recovery insurance which is suppose to come with the bike?? I am still waiting for it as they told me that they were some delays...No problems with the scooter at all and it feels really comfortable too...Sooooooooooooo after all that little chat it is time to go to bed as I get up early to ride to Manchester for 7 am...good night and see you around these roads Ralph ( I think we will have to set a time to drink that coffee etc...before I disapear into the horizon..;))

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Did they not give you a number to ring re the recovery I am pretty shure they did me but not got any paperwork yet there’s a castle at Garstang though it is on private land so you can’t get to it but can see it Caton not open till the 8th so likly i will get up there a time or two next week.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

kermitoo

Post by kermitoo »

Ah...thanks Ralph...I will be up to visit the caton one...Now something very very short notice...I intend to go to Malton ( Eden Camp museum) tomorrow...leaving at 9 am ...it is not far or so far about 3 hours ride via the A roads...let me know if you and your wife fancy to have a nice day there and i will wait for you at an agreed spot...I intend to visit the whole thing and have something to eat there too...nice reviews, they do not take credit/debit card though but that is no problem really...I checked the scoot this side and all is ready to go ...:) No worries if you cant to do it and sorry to all others as I didn't give any notice on the meet and ride...i only decided to do this in the last hour...I guess i turn into a scooter myself...a bit like twist and go ...:)) Lets hope you can make it...I will check the forum tonight :) Thanks for the advice on the recovery...I will ask for their number...

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Cant do Eden Camp but have been there and you will have plenty to look at
sent you a pm re the roadside assist.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif