New Xmax 300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Re: New Xmax 300

Post by Ralph »

One thing I did look at is the head light adjustment, others have said they cant be adjusted
or the main beam cant, I had a feel round the back of the light and all 3 appear to be in the
same housing up and down seems to be adjusted by a small bolt with one of those strange
washers behind it this seems to adjust all 3 bulbs up or down, not going to play till I ride the
ting in the dark but will give it a go if they are aimed low.
There must be another for left n right but I did not feel that.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Mr Xmax
Current Ride: Xmax 300

Post by Mr Xmax »

Ralph wrote:One thing I did look at is the head light adjustment, others have said they cant be adjusted
or the main beam cant, I had a feel round the back of the light and all 3 appear to be in the
same housing up and down seems to be adjusted by a small bolt with one of those strange
washers behind it this seems to adjust all 3 bulbs up or down, not going to play till I ride the
ting in the dark but will give it a go if they are aimed low.
There must be another for left n right but I did not feel that.
If that is the case that'd be amazing. Pretty sure that's all that's needed to turn the lights from rubbish to acceptable - to be raised higher.

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Will try to look later maybe get a camera up there see if I can
get a pic, dont fancy taking the front off just yet, if it is a
ajuster there must be another for right and left there's some
serious bracketry up there likely holding the battery and abs pump.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Thanks for the images - very jaggy and angular - cotton bods to clean those nooks and crannies - looks nice and modern and I quite like the Yamaha topbox - you buy from Raceways ?

ramasay
Benefactor
Current Ride: None

Post by ramasay »

On my 400 I had the aim checked by dealer and also independent MOT tester. Both said dip was spot on and indi. said any higher and would be a test failure if I did raise it, make sure lowered before test.

Well that gives me three years.

Have had a good look and can see no way to adjust. Front panel will be off on Wednesday so will be have another peek.

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

ramasay wrote:On my 400 I had the aim checked by dealer and also independent MOT tester. Both said dip was spot on and indi. said any higher and would be a test failure if I did raise it
So not the best idea to raise it at all then, unless you want to join the ranks of those that we all complain about, when 'blinded' by ongoming traffic with poorly adjusted lights.
Have wheels, will travel :D

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

BTW, the front panel (and screen) come off really easy. Just takes a couple of minutes once you've done it the first time. The only bit I struggled with was the actual pulling the panel away once everything is undone: I was worried it would snap!

Re the lights. I'm resigned to them being crap w/o additional ones. At least the evening commute should be getting much lighter now. I'll keep an eye on foreign forums to see if anyone comes up with anything cheap and clever.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

If you feel up the front on the back of the light unit right in the middle near the top
you will feel a small sharp bolt head with a bigish washer under it that I think is the
up down ajuster.

Yes it came from Raceways overhaul I am well pleased with it.
certainly goes round corners better than most.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

kermitoo

Post by kermitoo »

i do not know if that could help anyone as it is not for a maxi scooter but i found this video helpful to adjust the lights as the principle seems to apply for the yamaha systems...The reach doesn't look great but at least we can get an idea of what it may look like or may be positioned...as Ralph mentioned already...I learn by visual so I will probably level the lights whilst out...as long as there is not any ghosts around in the dark that is..:)) I hope it is ok to post the link below too though..? !!

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

50 odd miles today, back brake will now do front getting better but could do
with a bit more, best handling scooter I have ever rode turned rear suspenders up
a notch mpg was showing 38 when I set off with 5 miles on the clock now showing
92 hope to get it towards 200 by the end of the week.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif