New Xmax 300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Re: New Xmax 300

Post by Ralph »

What seems to happen on the xmax is the key though on does not transmit unless poled
by the bike, it then answers and if they match the bike unlocks, when you press the button
to use the find bike thing that seems to work over quite a distance it worked at the end of
our drive about 50ft more than our car, the system works on 433.92 right in the middel
of a shared Ham/military and some others like outside broadcast band so if it dont work
when near a aerial mast or hospital get pushing it will depend on how good the filtering is.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Talking of proximity to mast a common problem is the one at Oliver's Mount circuit near Memorial hairpin. It often plays havoc with immobilisers. Just have to push your scooter about 50 yards from mast to resolve the problem.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

think i'll stick with my good old'KEY'suzuki. these keyless bikes cars are too much tech an hassle , an lets remember they don't stop people nicking your vehicles . so why bother. i watched a video of security video of someone stealing a top of the range merc, with just a laptop . don't know how but the alarm disarmed an he got in an drove it off.. :o
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

abitmad

Post by abitmad »

phantom309 wrote:think i'll stick with my good old'KEY'suzuki. these keyless bikes cars are too much tech an hassle , an lets remember they don't stop people nicking your vehicles . so why bother. i watched a video of security video of someone stealing a top of the range merc, with just a laptop . don't know how but the alarm disarmed an he got in an drove it off.. :o
A couple of points there. First of all you don't have any choice if you want certain bikes, for example the current TMax and other Yams as discussed in this thread which come only in keyless. It's hardly going to be a deal breaker for people who want that particular bike. And the use of keyless on bikes is spreading I think; it certainly is for cars.

Secondly I dunno why some people keep mentioning "hassle" with regard to keyless. They are actually less hassle than a key. On a ride, the TMax smart key is turned on before I set out, stuck in my pocket and usually stays there untouched ntil I return home and turn it off. That includes brief stops for fuel etc. and if I need to, lock the steering and/or the centre stand, open the seat, glove box and fuel cover, all without having to take out the key. On a longer stop, say for a meal or visit to a friend, I'll turn it off but even so that still leaves it with way less hassle than a key.

Actually on the car, it's even less hassle than that because there is no on/off on the smart key. It's always on so I don't even have to do anything other than stick it my pocket to use the car.

I agree that keyless is a bit of luxury thing and not essential, but if the bike or car you want comes with it, then I assure people that it is not a negative feature as some here seem to regard it. It is a lot more convenient than a manual key.

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Some pics
Only ridden it a few hundred yards but it sets off with more
enthusiasm than my Burgman 400 did took me a little by surprise
and I am used to 74 hp and the same weight, it has a solid quality
feel about it.

Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

And very nice too!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Ooh...not sure about the matt paint! Anyway enjoy!

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Neither was I but fancied the others less, it's a sort of half and half
more silk than mat, time will tell when it starts being used and I
have to clean it.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

abitmad

Post by abitmad »

Ralph wrote:Neither was I but fancied the others less, it's a sort of half and half
have to clean it.
Nice bike. I can say with having matt on the DX that it's no harder to maintain than gloss. If anything it's easier cos you don't have to rub it to a shine. But you should not use a normal gloss polish, use a dedicated matt product. Some don't like the looks but that's another matter.

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

abitmad wrote:
Ralph wrote:Neither was I but fancied the others less, it's a sort of half and half
have to clean it.
Nice bike. I can say with having matt on the DX that it's no harder to maintain than gloss. If anything it's easier cos you don't have to rub it to a shine. But you should not use a normal gloss polish, use a dedicated matt product. Some don't like the looks but that's another matter.
Must get some a mate is a valeter I will see what he uses.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif