New Xmax 300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
abitmad

Re: New Xmax 300

Post by abitmad »

Ralph wrote: Must get some a mate is a valeter I will see what he uses.
I use a German brand, Sdoc 100 Matt wax in a spray can, which works well so I'd recommend it but there are probably other makes of matt protective product available as well. I found it in a bike gear shop by chance as it happens, when buying a new riding jacket. Not cheap but you need very little for each application.

I went there in person, but if you can't, they do charge for delivery on orders under £50.

http://www.urbanrider.co.uk/sdoc100-mot ... olish.html

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

I might be mistaken but I'm sure somewhere in my manual it says just to wash and wipe over the matt parts of my TMax.
I use Pledge etc. on the glossy bits but only ever wipe over the matt parts and it is still looking good and it's now 7 years old, 2 of them in my tender care :)

kermitoo

Post by kermitoo »

I did tend to use acf50 on my other bikes and it did the trick for almost everything including the electrics...avoided the brakes , seat and handle throttle...It takes a while to wipe it after application but it kept everything free from rust...Not long for me to get the xmax 300 at the end of march and see if I chose well by opting for the blue one...Seeing Ralph Xmax I wish I could pick it up tomorrow...but patience is a virtue ...well I am still learning that lesson..:))

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

Not seen a blue one in the flesh but did read a report somewhere and they thought it was the
nicest color, one thing I have noticed about the keys thing well two really is that when you
press the button you there's quite a clunk as the switch unlocks and a light comes on you only
have a few secs to turn it it what you want after that you have to press again, this is fine once
you get used to it but at first you have to think about it, if it dont want to turn to what you
want it's likely timed out but once used to it it is fine, other thing it it took me a wile to find
the lock for the seat as in the real key lock, it's on a bracket with a rubber cover and not at
all obvious.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Well went out for a few miles, it snowed turned to sleet then rain,
only does about 40 at running in revs but is quick off the mark very
smooth only thing you can hear is the exhaust which is louder than
expected but nothing wrong with that, you seem to sit higher than
my last scooters but I like that and can get both feet flat on the floor
no problems, brakes are crap but they are new and will improve,
suspension and tyres seem very good I like it.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Ralph wrote:, brakes are crap but they are new and will improve,
Hmmm........bit concerning. They may improve marginally, but in my experience not enormously. ABS not being over active?

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Na not enough power to activate the abs I have been there before and am sure they will
improve, if they don't come up to scratch I will stick some EBC's in the front that will stop
it but I don't think it will come to that. Last bike I rode had a double disc concoction so it's
bound to feel a bit under braked especially when new we will see after a few more miles.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

On the yam xmax250 , single disk, wasnt a fan of the OE ferodo pads...
Didnt last long, poor feel and pricy...
Went EBC kevlar non sintered...
Same story with the twin disk 400...

Honda OE pads seem fine on the 'lil SH, have some EBC in the garage ready, but havent feel the need / urge to change like i did with both Yams.

mac65
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda ADV 350

Post by mac65 »

Loads of different thoughts on the keyless system, will hopefully soon find out! Hopefully get to pick mine up on Wednesday, looks like it's going to be mild and dry by then! Went to the dealers the other day to try my helmet under the seat, and he used the manual key to open it as the battery hadn't been fitted to the bike then. Think that's the only reason for an actual physical key on the new X-Max's.
enjoy eXtra to the Max

Mr Xmax
Current Ride: Xmax 300

Post by Mr Xmax »

I really like the keyless system. Didn't think I would but when paired with not needing a key to open the seat it's so much easier than faffing with a top box key then an ignition key. Just sit and go.