New Xmax 300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
kermitoo

Re: New Xmax 300

Post by kermitoo »

Thanks for the good read re the timing of the oil lights and the bars...the dealer really struggled with both to be honest...I would like to be more at ease with trying to do it myself though as if i needed to go in there to recharge the battery whilst on the side of the road etc would be better...and seeing the dealer sweating over these two issues did put me off...I am a visual learner so I will pick some of your good brains when I will see you and if I see you ...I will check the french videos on youtube regarding all of this though...I kind of dont really like not being able to access the battery etc when all seems so very well hidden..:)
Tomorrow is another good day up until 5 pm so I will do my speeding...I am similar to you in that respect Mr XMax,,,I love the speed and filtering...I am not sure I will need to move the bars,,,but I certainly risen the windshield again as I prefer it this way...I just have to raise my eyes slighlty above the windshield top level,,,,:)

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

After a short ride I am going to leave the bars forward they make the bike
feel to have more room and I prefer not having my arms bent so will leave
them and decide for sure after my next big ride.
Did a check of the revs v speed it sits at a indicated 70 at 6k revs on the flat
and 6300 revs at a true gps 70 a indicated 75.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

kermitoo

Post by kermitoo »

Found the french video about removing the front panels on the xmax Xtrem...( happy translating!!)...it may be a bit different for the xmax 300 but at least seeing the guy doing it makes me want to try a bit more...There is another link too where the guy dismantle completely his looklike xmax scooter ...I really admire people who can do this though so although I wotn go that far, as long as I can access the battery and the light bulbs, sprak plugs then I will be happy...I am not a mecanic but I like to learn the basics...here is the link if it is of any help at all to anyone...( although most of you have already dissected your bikes etc..:)

I do not have to worry about anything now as I have now only 1300 miles on it since the last service...still smiling all the way !!:)

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Not the same you only have the 2 screws on the ears below the screen to undo you then ease the front
off were the ears are just so it's lifted a touch don't try to pull it right off then you pull the sides out
below the ears and once the tags clear the holes you slide the front down, if I see you about
I will show you part of the problem is knowing which part moves and which stays on the bike.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

kermitoo

Post by kermitoo »

Thanks very much Ralph...I'll treat you to a coffee next time out then..:) You hsould show the dealer how to do this too as he told me they do not get use to scooters much but seemed to have plenty they were working on..:) They were very pleasant though I can't complain..:)

kermitoo

Post by kermitoo »

Hi . I went for a very nice ride again today and planning a new one tomorrow ( possibly going to Bridlington via the Troth of Bowland etc...) . I waved at someone on caton rd with a huge silver scooter though not sure of what it was and i would have stopped if I hadn't been in a rush...I am not sure if it is someone from here as there are many forums on but anyway...next time I will stop by...Do we have a thread here to find out who is local from who is not?..

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

There's often a "Was it you" thread on forums, don't know if there is one one here but you could start one, not been out for a few days, did the classic bent down to pick something up, sharp pain in back, not walked without 2 sticks since, bugger but is improving.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

kermitoo

Post by kermitoo »

wow Ralph,,,that is nasty..especially with the good weather we have...Dont force it so you can get on that xmax quicker...:) I only waved to that big scooter..the guy looked friendly...I also wave to the row of bikers as I passed them...it is amazing how many bikers sit but dont ride...Maybe I am too shy to stop and chat or I am a maniac of the road..:) I will start a thread if I see a few Muppets ( I love that name !!!) around..:)) Tomorrow destination will be Brindlington whenever i surface in the morning..:) Keep still Ralph...:)

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Back on my feet just, did a hour on the scoot yesterday now at 3000 miles, runs and sounds well,
fitted one of those blue tooth headsets to the helmet gave scoot a oil change not due till 6000 but
it's new so gave it a treat, was going to Ulverston and Millom a week ago when my back went will give
it a few more days before I try that again.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

kermitoo

Post by kermitoo »

Good to see you are back on your feet and taking it easy Ralph . I have done a good few trips on my days off anextending the mileage more and more...After my bridlington trip 3 0r 4 days ago, I went again to whitby and was amazed by the amount of police hidden away to check on speed...So I hope i didn't get caught as i pushed the scoot from time to time ( by the way it really sits happily at 80 or much more if and when needed)..Today i came back from Ayr in Scotland, lovely place and the weather as been gorgeous too...The xmax is responding really well and has excellent maniability, slow or fast pace..so after 8 hours ride from various corner of that little scottish place and after a nice picnic with a bunch of tourist , it was time to come back home...One day I will stay in B&B and explore the area further up...Millon is on one of my circular trip...nice and not so busy...I have to check my total mileage and may copy you in changing the oil but I am not there yet...I didn't have any problem with the windshield this time round which is great. Tomorrow is rest day for the scooter...so I will wash it thoroughly because there are so many moskitos everywhere after these last few trips, soon I wont be able to see the blue colour !!! Well not quite but still!!...Time for bed for me...so good night everyone..:)