New Xmax 300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Mr Xmax
Current Ride: Xmax 300

Re: New Xmax 300

Post by Mr Xmax »

I think my riding style must be more throttle hungry. At 1100 miles I'm now averaging 88mpg according to the trip computer. Still not bad though. At an indicated 70mph my rpm is just above 6.5k. Although at the moment I rarely see that as sticking to the back roads which are much more fun....if slower :).

kermitoo

Post by kermitoo »

Finally had the 620 service done after that little flu thing !!...Now added another 300 miles today on it and really enjoyed the various power and overtaking is a breeze too..done a little stint at 85mph and it got there very easily...as ralph said, it sits very well at 70 mph at a 6000 revs...I really emjoyed the trip today, so will give it another go tomorrow and explore the East coast this time round...I had an issue with the oil flashing light which wouldnt come off the dashboard even after many many attempts so got it back to the dealer who really struggled too...eventually he told me that in order to have it off he had to reset the Vbelt and only then was able to reset the oil...I wish the instruction were much better for everything , thanks to the mecanic, he gave me a photocopy of his master manual computer book...lol...I am counting the millions of bolts on that thing !!!...
Anyway they well deserve my praises as they are a good bunch of smiley people in there...It would be good if there was a youtube video on how to access the battery/panels on and off/ etc etc etc...That may come later...I really am amazed still by the abilities of the scooter and have no regrets...now I am going to look at the local meet and ride and try to fit some of it in between the work shifts!!... Have a great ride all...:)

Mr Xmax

Post by Mr Xmax »

The oil light is quite picky. I forget the order and timings - they're in the manual - but you need to hold the trip switch whilst turning on and then hold it for between 15 and 20 seconds (or whatever manual says). To little or to long and it doesn't work.

Mr Xmax

Post by Mr Xmax »

Lol I'll read the post properly next time - now I see it was all sorted.

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

Mr Xmax is spot on it is the timing you have to get the seconds right.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

As anyone moved the bars yet? I have taken the top ally look cover off and removed the push
plastic fixings, the central screw and the one at each end of the bars that you get at from
under the front of the bars, cant see anything else and the top is a little loose but I cant
get it off maybe not pulling hard enough, you cant remove all the bar bolts with the top cover
on but I am wondering if I loosen all 4 and then lift the bars bit by bit if that will give enough
clearance to get the bolts out of the threads and slide the bars forward.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Sorry no. Probably should have done it but as it said in the handbook to ask the dealer, I've never tried.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Ralph wrote:As anyone moved the bars yet? I have taken the top ally look cover off and removed the push
plastic fixings, the central screw and the one at each end of the bars that you get at from
under the front of the bars, cant see anything else and the top is a little loose but I cant
get it off maybe not pulling hard enough, you cant remove all the bar bolts with the top cover
on but I am wondering if I loosen all 4 and then lift the bars bit by bit if that will give enough
clearance to get the bolts out of the threads and slide the bars forward.
Some are not adjustable...
There is a plate on the bar with two holes, that the lowers bolts of the bar clamp go through...
Think this is the case with the XMax400... other models may be similar, may not be enough clearance around the plastics to rotate etc...

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

They are adjustable you can see the bolt holes, maybe just me not being brutal enough only
interested to see if it is ant more comphy though it is fine as is.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Right, have moved them, took the center aloy cover off I then marked the bars and clamps
so I could put them back as they were, loosen the front bolts then with a flat spanner 10mm
you can loosen the back bolts and by sliding the bars about a bit can remove all 4, the bottom
clamps have locating pins on the bottom so to move the bars you have to reverse them you
can see the notch one of the pins locate in at the front of the clamps before you start.
Now you fiddle the bottom clamps from under the bars and revers them making sure they fit
flush with the mounting with the locating pins in the correct place, fit the top clamps the same
way round as they came off as they are machined so there will be a gap at the back, replace the
bolts and get them in the right position with the rears down far enough to clear the plastic,
get the bars in the right position and tighten the front bolts, you tighten the fronts first you then
tighten the rear bolts, cover back job done.
I don't know if this is the way Yamaha expect it done or the torque settings having used my
experience and feel, so it's up to you on your head be it.

Not ridden it yet but will try to get out Sat or Sunday to see if it is better or not, from sitting on
it it feels like there is a bit more room more than you would expect from moving the bars a inch
or so forward.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif