Funky out of action.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Re: Funky out of action.

Post by Funkycowie »

I could be fined £1000 if it's found out i have lied/not informed them plus I wouldn't be insured.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

chris
Current Ride: 2011 Sym Symply 50

Post by chris »

After I had my stroke in 2015, I considered not telling the DVLA because they were taking my bus license and source of income but my consultant told me they'd inform them if I didn't and it can result in not only a fine but they will be less likely to give your license back quickly.
Definitely worth disclosing, then at least if they do take it they will try to get it back to you asap as you've been honest. Hope they don't take it though, I remember how gutted I was and I wouldn't like to hear you'd been through this.
Racking up the miles...............slowly!! icon_moped.gif :lol:

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

It's apparently down to my gp, I tried chatting with the docs on my ward today about it and they said they couldn't give me a definitive answer no matter what I said about how aware I was. I get an aurora so am fully aware if I am about to seize. That fact should make it possible to retain my licence I need to fight hard for it.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

chris
Current Ride: 2011 Sym Symply 50

Post by chris »

Fingers crossed that your GP is happy with the fact that you can sense when it's coming, no one wants a few months off when the summers coming. Best of luck bud
Racking up the miles...............slowly!! icon_moped.gif :lol:

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

;)
ImageImageImageImage

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Best wishes Peter and good luck with the GP, as said if you are honest with them they are much more likely to helpful.
Lyn.

TJSCOOT

Post by TJSCOOT »

Funky,
I had a couple of strokes (ah 2strokes) last year, I was honest with all the medical depts, attended every appointment/scan/test/investigation etc they threw at me. Informed DVLA ahead of my 3 year renewal date for new licence and with only a bit of hassle my licence was renewed.
Best of luck to you

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

I am now home and constantly tired, found I lost 7kg in weight, I needed to lose weight but not this way :lol:

I have a doctors appointment Friday afternoon so will hopefully start finding out what needs to be done going forwards :)

Sorry to hear you had strokes jt
ImageImageImageImage

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Good luck with the gp appointment Funky. Just after our last ride out to Walton with Mottza and the lads a while back, I suffered a serious infection from a cat bite that led to surgery, blood clots and me temporarily kicking the bucket. At the time it left me with some eye & neurological problems and I had to tell dvla. Got to say that they were brilliant and did everything they could to let me keep my licence. I'm fully recovered now as you know, but if you have to tell them, it may not be as bad as you think, and if it is, it's only temporary! Hope your feeling better.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

Much better now in general, I am taking 5 different tablets right now, 2 run out in 3 days but I may have take 3 long term dependent on gp/neurologist. I don't anticipate much trouble with the dvla but at the same time I am prepared to hear the worst.
ImageImageImageImage