Funky out of action.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Re: Funky out of action.

Post by Funkycowie »

not yet I have been told I need to see the neurologist before telling dvla
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

Post by halfabusa »

Hi Funky, sorry just got around reading all of this thread before replying. I wish you a speedy recovery and please know that there's always a spare pillion ride for you on our rideouts. Don't shy away from asking us if you need anything, we're all family here mate.
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

The worst part is I am almost 100% fine now, so feel like I can easily handle riding as a I can every thing else. I still have the odd moment with my job that is heavy on analysis and calculation but nobody really notices. The hard part is that I can't ride for the next 8 months still! It's frustrating especially as we're having all the great weather. Being a pillion... just wouldn't be the same, its the control and personal freedom to go any where I want that I miss, but thanks for the offer :)

I am walking 2.5 miles to our nearest train station and back each day, so that's 5 miles of exercise I wouldn't ordinarily get. I am enjoying it, I am feeling a lot healthier than I used to be :)
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Funkycowie wrote: I am walking 2.5 miles to our nearest train station and back each day, so that's 5 miles of exercise I wouldn't ordinarily get. I am enjoying it, I am feeling a lot healthier than I used to be :)
Glad to hear you're feeling OK. In contrast to your walking, I'm stuck in Essex at the moment, and I can't stand the heat! Its so hot I can't walk anywhere, and am taking the (air conditioned) car for any journey of more than 400 yds!!!

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

It's a bit hot this way at the moment.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

Post by halfabusa »

Funkycowie wrote:The worst part is I am almost 100% fine now, so feel like I can easily handle riding as a I can every thing else. I still have the odd moment with my job that is heavy on analysis and calculation but nobody really notices. The hard part is that I can't ride for the next 8 months still! It's frustrating especially as we're having all the great weather. Being a pillion... just wouldn't be the same, its the control and personal freedom to go any where I want that I miss, but thanks for the offer :)

I am walking 2.5 miles to our nearest train station and back each day, so that's 5 miles of exercise I wouldn't ordinarily get. I am enjoying it, I am feeling a lot healthier than I used to be :)
I know what you mean about freedom and riding yourself. It sucks big time that you have to wait that long, but at least you're feeling fine. Trust me its no fun to ride at this extreme heat anyway. My commute is misery and sweating with an accident or breakdown everyday on m25. I counted the miles on Thursday that i had to filter and i measured 8.5 miles of stationary traffic. Not fun with a 1300cc engine between my legs boiling my balls.

Walking will do you a lot of good. I am lazy for that stuff and even for the shortest distances i take my push scooter.
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...