Honda x-adv test ride

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: Honda x-adv test ride

Post by Stephen »

I was a little bit unsure,so went to look again.,i now have one at home and the Burger has gone,had a long ride today and i think i made a good choice,really pleased with the performance,definitely need a hugger though,i think the DCT gear box is great,love the way it works,screen gives much better protection than i thought,much lighter to push around than the Burgman,8k miles service intervals are a good bonus,cuts running costs down......

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Luckydave
Current Ride: Burgman 650 and others

Post by Luckydave »

I may be tempted by an X-ADV after getting me right knee done I found getting on/off difficult,I loved the gearbox and that 8,000 mile service interval.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Still got a chain and sprocket - nice bit of kit but oh so expensive - for that kinda money you could buy a hooker for a fortnight

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Symcity wrote:Still got a chain and sprocket - nice bit of kit but oh so expensive - for that kinda money you could buy a hooker for a fortnight
:lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Like the scoot Steve, it needs a clean but I assume if I see one out and about it will always need a clean.
I would be asking one of those aftermarket plastic companies to come up with a good hugger cum rear mudguard for it, There seems plenty of room for something, the rear seat gets spattered, so passengers would not be impressed.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

SkuTorr
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax Mk3

Post by SkuTorr »

Dave Weller wrote:Like the scoot Steve, it needs a clean but I assume if I see one out and about it will always need a clean.
I would be asking one of those aftermarket plastic companies to come up with a good hugger cum rear mudguard for it, There seems plenty of room for something, the rear seat gets spattered, so passengers would not be impressed.
GIVI makes a combined hugger/chainguard..
s-l1600.jpg
2009 Tmax with OODLES of upgrades!
2009 Majesty 400 (sold)
2007 Aprilia Mojito 150 (sold)

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

But you then loose the lower chain guard run,,that keeps all the chain lube from the wheel/tyre.
Plus it does not go down far enough at the front so the crap is still thrown forward onto the rear
shock and it's linkage... :(
Lyn.

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Must say that I think the existing chain guard is a very good design and would not want to loss that. So the Givi hugger gets a no from me.
I would be looking to mount a black plastic mudguard bolted to the under side of the lower seat panel, a 70-80's big bike rear mudguard could do it, or even a classic bike one.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

If it gets difficult to get a hugger, or is going to be a while, I suggest you spend £20 on a shocksock in the meantime at least to protect the shock.
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

***** black plastic mudguard bolted to the under side of the lower seat panel,*****

That was the first thing ( mod ) i did Dave. I used some rubber sheet, it hangs down in-front
of the swing arm and goes below it...shock nice and clean now.