Yamaha Tmax DX

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Yamaha Tmax DX

Post by Stephen »

I was supposed to collect it 1st March,to much white stuff on the ground,dealer said not to worry a few customers had already delayed their collections as well,finally collected Thursday,only rode it direct home ,took it back to the dealer on Friday as i had’nt paid enough attention on how to put the steering lock on,any way had another lesson and have worked it allout :D

I then went for a 50 mile bimble,it was in “T” mode kept it to 30 mph in 30 zones,about 35mph in 40 zones,45/50 on other roads,performed well,i guessed it would as my other Tmax was sound,told to keep it under 5k rpm’s,obviously new tyres,so needed to be sensible,tried to stay on minor “A” roads and proper “B” roads,avoiding the country lanes for the time being,very responsive on the throttle,engine braking was ok,but remeber i am not wragging it,brakes responsive as well,i stopped at a roundabout and took the opportunity to flick it in to “S”mode,it took off like a rocket and felt like it wanted to go,i was’nt expecting that much of a difference,not riden a bike with different modes before,thought i better take the scoot in hand otherwise 5k rpm would of been exceeded 8-) tested out the heated grips & seat,as well as the electric screen,all good and easily operated,clear info on the screen and easily readable.I found the seat was to my liking and just as much room to stretch the legs as i have on the Burgman.

Today i meet the lads for breakfast in Hatfield,about 70 miles,i left home early,as i new it would be a laborious journey,i did keep it under 5k revs even for one short burst on the M1 from junc 9 to Junc 8 about 4/5 miles up to 55 mph,breakfast with my normal crew and some members from the NC forum were there,before there visit to the De-Havilland museum,i returned home a different route clocking up about 140 miles today,very enjoyable ride,despite the lowish speeds,200 miles done towards my first service,As i am not getting the x-adv now,i might treat myself to a top box for the Tmax,i chopped the Yamaha Midnight Star in for the Tmax and will proberly keep the Burgman,

Looked on the internet for cleaning tips on Matt paint finishes and wished i had’nt,so much different advice,in the end i used hot water with ordinary car shampoo,washed it with a mitt,rinsed it off,then used a micro fibre cloth to dry it.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Re: Yamaha Tmax DX

Post by road runner »

Nice one Stephen. There was one at the Breakfast meet on the 24th February which I had a gander at and it was very well put together. Enjoy your new ride.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

road runner wrote:Nice one Stephen. There was one at the Breakfast meet on the 24th February which I had a gander at and it was very well put together. Enjoy your new ride.
If that was a blue one,it’s owned by fellow Muppet abitmad another Stephen

Regards

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Lovely scoot Steve, it has everything you could need, and a lot more. Looks nice in the matt black and mud. has it got a plough attachment like a Ural.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Dave Weller wrote:Lovely scoot Steve, it has everything you could need, and a lot more. Looks nice in the matt black and mud. has it got a plough attachment like a Ural.
I cleaned it when i got home Dave,looks a lot better now,unsure how to treat matt paint finishes,well pleased with the performance,mpg at the moment is good,not that usually worries me,good to see you today,tried that phone yet?

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

get pics up :) glad the tmax has impressed you they are lovely looking scooters once i do my bike test i would love one but price tag is steep though 10K +
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

My manual says 'Avoid prolonged operation above 5100rpm' (its hellishly hard to stop it going to 5500rpm when you open the throttle, though it doesn't seem to matter) which is around 70mph - so I think you are erring a bit on the cautious side!

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

MrGrumpy wrote:My manual says 'Avoid prolonged operation above 5100rpm' (its hellishly hard to stop it going to 5500rpm when you open the throttle, though it doesn't seem to matter) which is around 70mph - so I think you are erring a bit on the cautious side!
Possibly i am,but i tend to break the running in into 4 parts consisting 150 miles in each part,increasing speeds and revs......it is hard to hold back though.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Stephen wrote:......it is hard to hold back though.
Yes...though I was surprisingly good with mine (not too many excursions to 5500rpm!) - I guess this version of the restrictions mean the scoot is usable at decent speeds, unlike previous ones where limits to 4000rpm are mentioned.

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

Post by tmaxrobbo »

Must say mines done near the 1000 miles now and it still feels a bit tight . my old Mk 4 seemed faster but maybe that was the Akra Pipe !! My Mk 4 indicated 100mph easier than this new Mk 6 ( when I rode it in Germany !! ) Or is it that the Mk 6 is smoother /Quieter / pipe more restricted ?