Easter

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Re: Easter

Post by Z750Jay »

smeghead wrote:The odd thing is that we were staying on the south coast a couple of weeks ago, just before when the beast from the east came. It was bone chillingly cold but there were plenty of bikers around, sports bikes etc, even some HD riding weekend warrior types. I don't remember seeing any scooterists. Odd I know.
Oh we are there but mostly going to work during the week and you are right about how nippy it is - my fault really as I am still riding in jeans, summer touring gloves and a cheapy Frank Thomas ‘belstaff’ type jacket !
Its Easter Egg run time of year so there will be an increase in the HD type bikes and adventure bikes on the roads (but only on dry days ;) ). Needs another few weeks before the sports bike crowd emerge from storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoogle
Current Ride: X-Max 400 ABS

Post by Spoogle »

Just looked at the forecast for The Borders over Easter Weekend: Looks like snow, rain and hail! Not sure this will be such an enjoyable ride up from Heysham to Langholm on 29th.........

Keeping fingers crossed for a change in the forecast.

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

Just over 800 miles so far this month,
they are saying it wont get much better
till half way through April lets hope it's
wrong.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

They seem pretty confident that Easter won't be good, though in no way as severe as recent 'Beast from the East' events. Maybe snow on hills.

Spoogle

Post by Spoogle »

Have amended my travel arrangements, so on the ferry to Heysham on 26th and and up the road to Scotland before the bad weather hits.

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Shame if it is bad. The seaside places depend on a good Easter to get the ball rolling.

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

Local WX does not seem bad for Morecambe bay on Monday Tuesday looks worst day of the week
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Spoogle wrote:Have amended my travel arrangements, so on the ferry to Heysham on 26th and and up the road to Scotland before the bad weather hits.
To be fair Spoogle it ain’t that far from Heysham to your destination - I’m sure the Buddha will grant you karma

Spoogle

Post by Spoogle »

So back from my trip and must say I had a lovely time up there at Samye Ling. A beautiful and peaceful place it is. Took the Refuge Vow and the 5 precepts too :) The ride up was great, decent weather and fantastic views all the way up. However, the ride back was a different story...... Changed my ticket to return from Liverpool instead of Heysham a day earlier to try and miss the snow and high winds forecast for the area, Didn't work out as intended lol. Snowed heavily and was blowing hard, so the ride back down the M6 was quite sketchy at best. There were 3 crashes ahead of me on the way, a young biker lost his life in one of them too, poor guy :cry: Spent much of the way down to Liverpool having to filter in the snow and high winds through gridlocked traffic so was quite chilly by the time I got down to the ferry. But made it back safely thankfully.

My scooter never missed a beat and purred along nicely without any problems. Very happy with the X-Max 400, tis a very good machine :)

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

Sounds like a nightmare coming home, but at least you made it safely back ok, now look forward to improving weather and more trips out